Sorry people that like Hip hop in Vegas... - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Sorry people that like Hip hop in Vegas...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry people that like Hip hop in Vegas...

This is so true at clubs all over...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK22-AMBOIM[/ame]

The life of every DJ...we get some of the most ill-advised requests =\ If i recognize the usual suspects that make stupid requests I try and let my booth bouncer know. However though, there are sometimes when the crowd seems to get a little tired and nothing wrong with mixing in a little hippity hop w/ a slick transition back to house! Gets that energy back up to 100%
    -------------
    Facebook
    July 2011 - Mirage
    December 2011 - NYE - Venetian
    June 2012 - EDC - Cosmopolitan

Comment

ok, maybe I am not reading davidg545's post correctly. Are you saying that when the crowd starts to get a little tired of house, you mix in some hippity hop to get them jumping again, just to go back to house, which had everybody down in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by will34761 View Post
        ok, maybe I am not reading davidg545's post correctly. Are you saying that when the crowd starts to get a little tired of house, you mix in some hippity hop to get them jumping again, just to go back to house, which had everybody down in the first place?
        That confused me about his post as well. Perhaps he's just simply saying that it's always helpful to read the crowd to know when to change it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Xizzy View Post
          That confused me about his post as well. Perhaps he's just simply saying that it's always helpful to read the crowd to know when to change it up.

Correct, a simple one song change in tempo will affect the entire vibe of the crowd. Every crowd is different and reacts differently. You lose/win people all the time with track selections, cant please everyone but this is what separates the good dj's with talent and the pretenders using auto sync. The good DJ's know to read a crowd, keep the bartenders busy with liquor sales and the dance floor packed. And from my experience when I notice some of the dancing crowd starting to slow down and stop, one track of hip hop thrown in...especially one that everyone knows; like Next Episode by Dr. Dre mashed up with some Laidback Luke or Steve Angello gets the crowd "bouncing" with the hop hop then fist pumping to the house track and the crowd usually wont even remember the night ever dipping for them. (:
          -------------
          Facebook
          July 2011 - Mirage
          December 2011 - NYE - Venetian
          June 2012 - EDC - Cosmopolitan

Comment

Originally posted by davidg545 View Post
            Originally posted by Xizzy View Post

Correct, a simple one song change in tempo will affect the entire vibe of the crowd. Every crowd is different and reacts differently. You lose/win people all the time with track selections, cant please everyone but this is what separates the good dj's with talent and the pretenders using auto sync. The good DJ's know to read a crowd, keep the bartenders busy with liquor sales and the dance floor packed. And from my experience when I notice some of the dancing crowd starting to slow down and stop, one track of hip hop thrown in...especially one that everyone knows; like Next Episode by Dr. Dre mashed up with some Laidback Luke or Steve Angello gets the crowd "bouncing" with the hop hop then fist pumping to the house track and the crowd usually wont even remember the night ever dipping for them. (:
            Well said. I agree 100%!
            -WarreN aka "The Business"

"ITS BUSINESS TIME!!!" -me

Add me to your social network...if you dare...
            http://www.facebook.com/rw4rr3n / http://twitter.com/ItsTheBusiness

Comment

Originally posted by davidg545 View Post
              The life of every DJ...we get some of the most ill-advised requests =\ If i recognize the usual suspects that make stupid requests I try and let my booth bouncer know. However though, there are sometimes when the crowd seems to get a little tired and nothing wrong with mixing in a little hippity hop w/ a slick transition back to house! Gets that energy back up to 100%
              You are completely right! They dropped Dead Prez's dubstep remix in between an all house set at XS and it was appropriate. Anything with Dev/Cataracs in the middle of a random set is awesome as well.

Comment

that vid was a gag Royal, i see yr from orange county. I party alot in Cali, Was you around for the mighty club rubber events? Had many good times there and in vegas with club rubber.

Comment

Originally posted by geejay View Post
                  that vid was a gag Royal, i see yr from orange county. I party alot in Cali, Was you around for the mighty club rubber events? Had many good times there and in vegas with club rubber.
                  Nice! What are the club rubber events??

Comment

you might be too young, not sure yr age. Club rubber you to throw big partys in orange county, then they threw big partys in vegas. they were know for summer of love and pimps and hoes parties in vegas. One time they sold out mandalay bay with 17000 peeps in the arena. They quite doing them about 5 years ago.

Anyway showing my age. LOl. I have been kicking it for last 15 years. House and trance style lol

Comment

Originally posted by geejay View Post
                      you might be too young, not sure yr age. Club rubber you to throw big partys in orange county, then they threw big partys in vegas. they were know for summer of love and pimps and hoes parties in vegas. One time they sold out mandalay bay with 17000 peeps in the arena. They quite doing them about 5 years ago.

Anyway showing my age. LOl. I have been kicking it for last 15 years. House and trance style lol

hahaha now that actually sounds pretty incredible! I dont think they do it now, people just go to raves. I m going to one out here called Identity next week feat. Kaskade, Afrojack and Steve Aoki

Comment

Gary you should make a special trip up here just to hit some clubs in SF

Rubyskye
                        Bootie at DNA lounge
                        Mighty

If you hit those 3 venues/events

U will love it. Check it out on yelp
                        Last edited by IRockNvegas; 08-27-2011, 12:53 PM.
                        Appreciate Vegas
                        Next Trip 4/26!

Comment

Originally posted by IRockNvegas View Post
                          Gary you should make a special trip up here just to hit some clubs in SF

Rubyskye
                          Bootie at DNA lounge
                          Mighty

If you hit those 3 venues/events

U will love it. Check it out on yelp
                          I have a Canadian invasion which has been pretty much laid out. Info to come. SF will come in due time, i mean its just 6 hours away

Comment

Yup if you find yourself without plans and nothing to do, hit I5 north lol
                            Appreciate Vegas
                            Next Trip 4/26!

Comment

Originally posted by IRockNvegas View Post
                              Yup if you find yourself without plans and nothing to do, hit I5 north lol
                              haha or the scenic route on PCH that takes 11 HOURS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X