10 Kiwis hit Vegas for the first time - June 30 - July 6 - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

10 Kiwis hit Vegas for the first time - June 30 - July 6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Kiwis hit Vegas for the first time - June 30 - July 6

I was thinking of running away from JC without a trip report because we didn't have the perfect Vegas vacation you're used to reading about on here but there were some amazing nights and I might as well pass on a few lessons learnt. (Plus I'm currently going to be sitting in LAX for a another 3 hours waiting for a flight to Vancouver.)

Lesson #1: A week in Vegas is a bit much, four days is good.

Day one, June 30:
    We did get this trip off to the best start possible, the 10 of us had flown into LAX the day before and partied in LA so now it was time to hop in our stretch Hummer and head to Las Vegas. If you have a group large enough i would recommend it for sure, nothing like rolling into Vegas already falling over your suitcase at checkin time.
    We stayed at the Pallazo for our first few nights, great hotel and location. Our first night was bottle service at Tao, first time our crew had done anything like this so things started to get loose pretty quick. We had a table overlooking the main floor and the boys were loving the location.
    I'll take a step back and explain a key cultural difference between Kiwi's and Americans. From what I can tell from reading these boards it's expected for guys in the US to approach a girl and offer to buy her a drink. You do that to a Kiwi girl and she thinks you're trying to buy her. Usually a lecture about woman's lib follows so it's not in our nature, inviting a girl up to a table would be like that times 100.
    That plus the fact that since we live in different parts of the world and hadn't seen each other for a couple of years (and only four out of the ten are single) meant that we were much more interested in drinking and talking rubbish as opposed to chasing skirt.
    Also where as most have bottles and wander the club/ share them with girls, you put them down in front of a group of Kiwis and it pretty quickly becomes a game of 'better make sure I drink my share'
    We polished off four bottles between the ten of us before hitting the dance floor for a while, apparently I tried to pull a girl off the podium to dance with me but as you know, only the hottest girls are allowed up there and I'm just an average dude so she was having none of that. Plus I was pretty hammered.

Side note: How many people does Tao hold? 2,500 I'm from NZ's biggest city but 8 of the other nine are from a town of less than 5,000 so to see half of that in one club was an eye opener

Day two, July 1: Hosted bar at Ghostbar
    Kinda wish I'd hit a pool party this day but we didn't so we shopped and gambled until it was time to head to Ghostbar,somehow 10 minutes late for the start of the hosted bar but we more than made up for it. If you thought bottle service was a drinking contest, you haven't seen ten Kiwi's at an open bar.
    I tipped the bargirl $20 to start and got served the strongest drinks I've ever had in my life, I kinda wish I'd only tipped her $10 for my first as it might have stopped her from trying to murder me.
    The three hours of open bar flew past, had a great time just talking smack with the boys and meeting a few new American friends ect. Also, the view is as amazing as everyone on JC has said before, I'd highly recommend it. All the girls inside were crazy hot so good views all around.
    One tip I'd pass on is that getting the wristbands which grant open bar in Ghost and entry to all the other clubs seemed like a great idea at the time, but by the time open bar at Ghost shuts and you've finished your last drink there, there's not that much time for you to try and get around the other clubs. I only had time to visit Moon Bar afterwards. Might cost you the same as the extra cost to grease/ pay cover at one but just getting the Ghost wristbands without extra access is worth thinking about.

I wanted to checkout Rain but one of my friends had been in touch with a girl he met the night before so a couple of us played wingman for him as he didn't want to roll to Moon solo. She was meant to have a couple of friends but they turned out to be of the invisible variety.

I danced around for a while and as much as I'd like to keep my shame secret I have to share this:
    I was dancing with the crew, not really looking around too much and this slightly heavier girl grabs me and starts grinding away, I would never make a move for her but I figure no harm in dancing for a while (I've slayed bigger dragons on the hunt for my princess) She turned out to be quite a good dancer so I'm thinking I'll carry on dancing but there's no-way I'm going for anything else.
    After a few songs, I see her friend tap her on the shoulder, the two have words and then she leaves me standing there... 'Oh hell no, this did not just happen' I'm thinking. So if the cock blocker is a JC member, up yours! I have never been so insulted in my life! I know I'm not a 10/10 but to have someone say that heavy set girl is out of my league, my god did my blood boil! Haha, have to laugh about it now.

Kinda put my trip off to a 'Fuck American girls' start but I'm not one to discriminate so I've forgiven you all now.
    Last edited by joachimorjoe; 07-12-2011, 04:08 PM.
    Previous trip: June 30 - July 7, 2011. Stayed at the Palazzo & PH Towers.
    Returning: Oct 31 - Nov 2, 2014.

twitter.com/joachimorjoe

Music (Drum and Bass): soundcloud.com/joachimorjoe

LOL. Loving it so far. Hey you didn't want her anyway so who cares right? I was at Moon that night too (I think). Did you see Tyson?? More, more!

Comment

Originally posted by VegasCherry View Post
      LOL. Loving it so far. Hey you didn't want her anyway so who cares right? I was at Moon that night too (I think). Did you see Tyson?? More, more!
      Yea, the first two days were pretty solid but fails come later. (fails is a strong word, this week was still one of the best of my life, we've just learnt a few things about making the next one even better) I thought I was going to write the whole thing when I gave it that preface.
      It's more a principle thing, like imagine if you danced with a scrawny dude with acne because your friend was making moves on the floor and I pulled him away with a 'that bitch ain't shit, let's roll' I'm sure you'd mostly laugh but I bet part of you would be like 'as if he's getting any better' lol.

I saw there was a table roped off at Moon and now that you remind me, my boy was real determined to get to the table despite all the security, I had to haul him off before security did! No mean feat since my boy does MMA and I'm just a little Soccer player (I think he just felt sorry for me and left with me on his on accord in the end) He must have wanted to shake hands with the champ!

Shame I didn't run into you, seems like you and your crew know a dance doesn't always mean something and know how to have a laugh. (I tried texting some of the other crew but my international sim sucks balls so I gave up on trying anyone else as it was a waste of drinking time. Next time!)

twitter.com/joachimorjoe

Comment

Days three and four, July 2 & 3

Day three was were we didn't really live Vegas as we should have but hey, that's life. After starting in LA on Wed and drinking non stop until the early hours of Saturday morning the boys were a bit spent. Sorry, we old. We gambled and took in the sights and called it relatively early as we were looking forward to getting into EBC the next day.

This is when I found out how bad my international sim sucked as I did try to text a few JC peeps to find myself something to do on Sat.

We did at least hit UFC in the early evening, I've never been into it on TV but live it's amazing, if I'm in Vegas when another fight night is on I will definitely be going again.

Day four, Encore Beach Club:

Following this trip, there was one thing all ten of us agreed on. Encore Beach Club was the best day ever (and none of us even like house music) We had a Cabana which I had set up through Mikey T.

Pause for the shout out. Mikey T is the man, best host any of us worked with for the trip and the man who can get you into the best day party ever. Get his details off here and use them.

Back to the TR, I knew it would be hard to get the boys to agree to a high minimum each so thankfully I got Mikey to set us a good deal, which we promptly smashed apart once the boys got there and started having fun.

Pro tip: Don't do what we did and save yourself for Sunday on Sat. Turning up to EBC not hungover will make for a very expensive day. We had already polished off two margaritas each and a magnum of Grey Goose by 1pm.

For the same reasons listed above in the Tao bottle service thread, we didn't invite any girls up. Possibly a good thing since three magnums of Grey Goose later, plus margaritas and other bottles, we had run up a tab of 6K between the ten of us. (I Won't lie, there might have been about $150-200 worth of food for the group)

This time there was another reason for not bringing any girls up to our cabana. I can be a bit of an indecisive dude at the best of times but I was determined we would invite some girls up this time. Don't get me wrong, this is a great problem to have but I thought I'd do a lap of EBC and then pick some girls to invite up. This dayclub was full to the brim of the hottest girls I had ever seen in my life. After one lap I returned to the cabana empty handed to the taunts of my boys 'Bro, can you not even pull some girls with a cabana full of free booze' Me: 'It's not like that man, honestly. I just can't pick some, have you seen these chicks? Quagmire, you go get some, I can't pick a target' He comes back saying he couldn't make his mind up either.

Only towards the end of the day did we really start to mix and mingle, couple of the single boys thought they were in with a grin with two not bad looking girls but the rest of the boys were convinced they were hookers and warned them off (the same two had hookers get close to them at Ghost, score for the rest of us as they bought us a round of shots but this is why we doubted the two on Sunday, just thought the hooker curse was still following these two)
        One of the boys added one of them on Facebook and it looks like the boys talked them out of a legit score going off her facebook, either that or she went to a big effort to set up a photography business as cover.

We didn't do much on Sunday night but moving from the Pallazo to PH Towers topped Thursday's earlier record for drunkest check in ever.

We got dropped at the wrong part of PH and had to find the other entry, drunk and with our bags stumbling all over the show, it was somewhere in this movement that we lost those two girls. They were left with our bags alone for a while so the fact that they didn't swipe anything should have been enough to prove that our call was wrong.

Not much happened after EBC, just drank in the rooms, hit the game floor and sidebars in PH but I will say one thing. The boys went from being a bit hesitant about spending $300 each to slamming $600 and emphatically stating 'Next time, we get a Bungalow. We might even invite a few girls to help us drink the couple of extra hundred or whatever the minimum is for that.

twitter.com/joachimorjoe

Comment

Sounds like a fantastic time! And checking in drunk - that's classic

Vegas <3
          2009, October 16-18
          2010, April 9-12
          2010, July 30-August 2
          2010, November 4-7
          2011, April 15-19
          2011, September 15-20
          2012, May 14-22 AoD Invasion!
          2012, November 9-13
          2013, May 30-June 4
          2013, September 6- 9
          2014, January 17 - 20
          2014, March 24 - 27 Nightclub & Bar Show
          2014, August 27 - 30

Comment

Pity we didnt catch up for a drink! Maybe next year!!!
            June/July 2010 (24 Nights) - NYNY/Venetian/Wynn
            June/July 2011 (21 Nights) - Venetitan/PH
            May/June 2012 (18 Nights) - Cosmopolitan
            May/June 2013 (18 Nights) - Cosmopolitan
            November 2013 (4 Nights) - Cosmopolitan
            June/July 2014 (18 Nights) - Cosmopolitan
            June 2015 (9 Nights) - Cosmopolitan

Comment

Laughed my ass off with the "Big Girls" rant... Sounds like a great time, but $600 is steep for an afternoon of drinking.

Great TR.
              "Alcohol is the cause and solution to many of life's problems" Homer Simpson

May 2013 - I'm coming back baby!

Comment

Good stuff!

Comment

Sensei: our crew is thinking 2013. One of the boys put forward: Cauncun>Miami>New Orleans>Vegas. Should be an epic tour of duty if we do it.

Doveshack: Yea, it was a steep day but one that will live on in the memory. It got more expensive as well since I just remembered we did more than I mentioned afterwards, we hit the Rhino for the first time that night so wack another $200 on the total.

Joe: Cheers mate, must finish this soon but the last three nights had nothing on the first half anyway.

twitter.com/joachimorjoe

Comment

p.s: American Girls are forgiven, you can thank Chicago for that

twitter.com/joachimorjoe

Comment

"She was meant to have a couple of friends but they turned out to be of the invisible variety"

hahahahahah hilarious

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X