What did you think of Wicked Spoon? - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

What did you think of Wicked Spoon?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you think of Wicked Spoon?

So seems like the new buffet at the Cosmo- Wicked Spoon is all the rave right now.
    Looking at yelp pictures, the food and their desserts especially looks amazing!!!!! although i heard their desserts don't taste as good as it looks.

For anyone who dined there, how did you think it was comparable to like the Wynn, Bellagio, or Rio?

For somebody who hates buffetts I did it twice my last trip in April. I also plan on going back again next week when I'm there. Definitely the best buffet I've been to. Im my opinion it blows away Bellagio. Everything is served in small tapas style and for the most part if you go at a peek time the food is coming out fresh. My last date there I went at 10:30. At 10:45 they start switching ove to lunch so I got the best of both worls. Must trys - Thick Slab Bacon, Chicken & Asparagus Risotto, Lamb chops, and for someone who also doesn't care for desserts, it's a sight to see.

Comment

Haha sounds great! Thanks for that info
      I hope the lamb chops are good as the lamb at the M buffet was not good at all.
      I was wondering if you can go for a late lunch and get dinner also. hahaha

Comment

In my opinion Wicked spoon is the best of the lot by far as I made a point of eating at the Wynn, Bellagio and Wicked Spoon on consecutive days just to compare. And their desserts (since you mention them) are awesome. Try the berry crumble with gelato.

Comment

I really liked Wicked Spoon, but some of my friends felt the selection was too limited. Quality, I think, we all agreed was very good. Definitely up there, if not better than, the Wynn. On an average sunday in January though, I think we waited almost 2 hours in line (so that may be a minus). Also, at Wynn you can go for lunch and stay for "dinner" (which starts at around 3 or 4). The Wicked Spoon kicks you out after lunch when they switch over to dinner.

Haven't been to Bellagio's buffet in a while, but I remember I liked Wynn more. Rio is good but it's definitely more on the very, very wide selection side rather than the quality side. If you like having a massive selection to choose from, you may want to check out the Spice Market Buffet at PH instead of Rio.

Comment

I went for brunch, I liked it but I caught the very end before they closed so the food wasn't as fresh as I'd like. That being said the small portions really make it easy to eat a little of everything.. Everything I tried was good in taste. The desert gelato was really good. I got it half off with the comps I had earned so it was a good deal. I never eat at buffets, in fact I stumbled on it on accident while wandering the Cosmo, so I have no comparison.
            June 12-15 2014 Aria
            July 12-14 2013 Venetian
            August 10-12 2012 Palazzo
            July 3-5 2012 Cosmo
            MAyOD 17-20 2012 Cosmo
            June 2011 PH Towers

Comment

I think its awesome! The tappas style is very cool, plus it helps the restaurant save money by preventing people drom getting lots of food and wasting it. The $35 buffet plus all you can drink champagne, bloody maries and mamosas is an awesome deal

Comment

So i tried it out over the past weekend.
                Although it taste good and the selection of foods are a bit fancier, i didn't like the fact that the selections were limited. After round 2 there was nothing to really try or get more of. I also thought there werent enough seafood(shellfish) selections other than the shrimp cocktail and the steamed clams.
                Dessert bar was amazing and pretty. I loved their gelatos and strawberries.
                Overall, nice buffet, nice concept and theme but i will try Wynn dinner (only tried brunch) or Rio Seafood buffet.
                Till then, i still think the buffet at The M Resort is the best!

Comment

After seeing that they had a 4 star average on Yelp, I was excited to eat here.

However, after seeing the actual spread, I was a bit disappointed. Nothing really stood out for me.

And their crab legs were tiny compared to the ones over at Wynn.

Comment

Originally posted by KINetics View Post
                    After seeing that they had a 4 star average on Yelp, I was excited to eat here.

However, after seeing the actual spread, I was a bit disappointed. Nothing really stood out for me.

And their crab legs were tiny compared to the ones over at Wynn.
                    EXACTLY!

see, i forgot to mention crab legs under shellfish on my post above yours. its that not memorable unfortuantely.
                    it's a place where i can tell others "yes i tried it!" but will not come back to.

Comment

Wynn is still my favorite, then M resort, Wicked Spoon, and Planet Hollywood. I never thought Bellagio buffet was that great.

Comment

Wynn remains to be my favorite. Wicked Spoon wasn't bad, I have no complaints but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there again.

Comment

The small portion sizes make it an excellent place to be able to sample the various foods. The brunches on weekends get pricey with the champagne but if you gamble a bit you should ask for comps.

Another little side note, for comped guests, there is a separate line that let's you bypass the hour plus wait in line. It's to the right and usually there is no one there but a little sign with invited guests. Stand there and the next available cashier will wave you over.

Comment

Did the brunch buffet last sunday, it was very good!! Food was on point and mimosas didnt stop flowing haha deff cool how the have the set portions.....
                            "I'm a heroine addict. I need to have sex with women who have saved someone's life." -Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X