A Couple of Pool Party Questions - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

A Couple of Pool Party Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Couple of Pool Party Questions

Hey all,

This is my first time heading out to Vegas for some pool party action - in the past I've only gone when most of they've been closed (Jan, Mar, Nov, etc.).
    • If you don't get a cabana - is there a place to put your cellphones, wallets, etc.? There's only a few of us going so we probably won't be getting one.
    • Is it worth buying a chair for like $100 or so?
    • Any other suggestions?

Thanks for any tips...

Edit: I meant chair, not daybed. Sorry!
    Last edited by kaneda33; 05-26-2011, 10:43 AM.

You can't buy a daybed for $100 at any of the pool parties. For many of them, during the week you'll find the cheapest at $500 and weekends are $1,000 or more.
    Vegas Trips to-date:
    November 12-13, 2008 - Palms Standard
    March 18-22, 2009 - MGM Grand Bungalow Suite
    April 22-26, 2010 - MGM Grand Bungalow Suite
    June 2-6, 2011 - Venetian Bella Suite
    June 21-26, 2012 - Cosmopolitan Wraparound Terrace Suite

"Gambling - the sure way of getting nothing for something."

Comment

Do people actually swim?

Comment

Just leave your celly and everything at the hotel. Bring cash, ID, and credit card, and keep it on your person at all times. Designate a time/place to meet up with your group in case you get separated.

The chairs aren't too bad though, or the Lilypads at EBC.

Yes, people actually swim. Well... People get in the pool. Swimming probably isn't the right word.
        Next Trip: October 28-31, 2016

Comment

I'm just planning on bringing cash, ID, Card to the pool party (assuming I don't have anywhere to put my cell) because I have a past history of putting my phone/ipod/electronics in my board short pockets only to get into the water and have that awe shit moment right after I jump in.
          June 12-15 2014 Aria
          July 12-14 2013 Venetian
          August 10-12 2012 Palazzo
          July 3-5 2012 Cosmo
          MAyOD 17-20 2012 Cosmo
          June 2011 PH Towers

Comment

At wet it seemed that if you didnt have daybed/cabanna or whatever, most people just hung out in the water the whole time. The pool was packed

Comment

There was a deal @ Marquee Day Club this past weekend, 2 chairs for $200, it was for girls only. If you have girls in your group have them contact the host and see what they can do. There is enough room for a few ppl with 2 chairs and it is worth it.
              1/21 - 1/24 AFC/NFC Championship Weekend - Complete!

5/18 - 5/24 mAyOD 2011...THOROUGHLY INVADED & DONE CORRECT....IF YOU MISSED IT YOU FUCKED UP!

5/16 - 5/22 mAyOD 2012....DONE & DONE...BIGGER & BETTER THIS YR

Next Trip: Retired

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1600411909

Originally posted by aria
              Charlie Sheen made millions. Cisco is at best a hundredare.

Comment

anybody know if Wet Republic has lockers??? if so how many are there and how much are they???/

Comment

Originally posted by chrisbru View Post
                  Just leave your celly and everything at the hotel. Bring cash, ID, and credit card, and keep it on your person at all times. Designate a time/place to meet up with your group in case you get separated.

Yes, people actually swim. Well... People get in the pool. Swimming probably isn't the right word.
                  Thanks for the advice - I'll do that.

Do you think the chairs are worth it?

Comment

One thing I'd highly recommend is a money clip. Boardshorts have tiny pockets for wallets, and having a bunch of money floating around loose in there is a pain in the ass. I just kept money, ID and phone in my pocket the whole time, wasn't a problem because I never went in the pool. In fact, a lot of the time I was barely aware that there was a pool there. The pools don't seem to be that necessary to the whole experience, it's mostly drinking next to a pool.

Comment

Originally posted by kaneda33 View Post
                      Originally posted by chrisbru View Post

Thanks for the advice - I'll do that.

Do you think the chairs are worth it?
                      If I'm somewhere like EBC where I can gamble then I just convert my money into chips so that way I don't have to worry about it getting wet
                      2016 (past) - none
                      2016 (upcoming) - June 10th - 13th. Venetian. Invasion schedule

"Panda panda panda"

Comment

I put phone, cards, cash & ID in one of these...

http://www.aquapac.net/usastore/wate...ini-871-0.html

helped me take this pic...
                        Attached Files
                        Wolfpack is ready 7/21-7/25

Comment

Originally posted by JSki View Post
                          I put phone, cards, cash & ID in one of these...

http://www.aquapac.net/usastore/wate...ini-871-0.html

helped me take this pic...
                          This actually looks pretty nice...I may get this for my blackberry some cash and cards...
                          http://www.aquapac.net/usastore/wate...all-873-0.html

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          One thing I'd highly recommend is a money clip. Boardshorts have tiny pockets for wallets, and having a bunch of money floating around loose in there is a pain in the ass. I just kept money, ID and phone in my pocket the whole time, wasn't a problem because I never went in the pool. In fact, a lot of the time I was barely aware that there was a pool there. The pools don't seem to be that necessary to the whole experience, it's mostly drinking next to a pool.
                          yeah i'll def. bring one of these, last thing i need is a costanza-esque wallet sticking out of my shorts

would i be better off going to EBC on a friday or a saturday? i know its big day is Sunday...is it too packed to have fun then?

thanks again for the advice...this forum rules

Comment

Originally posted by boredatwork View Post
                            Do people actually swim?
                            Depends on the pool party, but nobody actually does strokes in the water, so I dont consider that swimming. Theres usually diping and dancing. Diving is highly frowned upon. Especially when someone does a cannonball and gets water in your drink. At Liquid they actually make announcements of when you can do cannonballs, I thought that was pretty cool on its own.
                            Last edited by royale; 05-27-2011, 11:16 AM.

Comment

most have lockers thats what i plan on doing....just ask once u get there or call ahead
                              LVH June '08
                              LVH June '09
                              LVH 4thofJuly '10
                              Encore EDC '11
                              Encore LDW '11
                              Vdara MDW '14
                              Vdara APR '15

Follow me via IG @lovingmymemphis

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...