Extra charges for bottle service. - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Extra charges for bottle service.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra charges for bottle service.

Okay me and 12 of my friends are coming to vegas may12 to the 15. I have set up bottle service for tao on fri and pure on sat cuz I know thats the only way we are getting in anywhere. For tao we got a table beach level for 3 bottles of goose/$1495. for pure a table on the terrace for 3 bottles of goose/$1500. I plan on tippin $100 to the host n 20% to the hostess plus 8% tax on each night. Does that sound right?? Do I have to worry about any suprise fees since I'm gonna get a bill at the end of the night?? Any help on this would be great. Thanks

100 for three bottles? Times that by 3.

Comment

Yea I always go $100 per bottle

Comment

Do you tip the host at the start or the end of the night?

Comment

Originally posted by man_of View Post
          Yea I always go $100 per bottle
          yeah... $75-100/bottle to be respectful
          Originally posted by dazmac13 View Post
          Do you tip the host at the start or the end of the night?
          at the beginning when you meet up with them. you give them a handshake with it folded.
          2013 Calendar: March 20-21 (Treasure Island). May 24-27 (Cosmopolitan). June 23-25 (Mirage). July 18-22 (Cosmopolitan).
          Next Trips: RETIRED.

Completed: (2012): mAyOD 2012 Invasion! (Palazzo). July 20-22 (Cosmopolitan). Dec 21-23 (Palazzo).
          (2011): December 30-January 2(Palazzo). April 22-24(Venetian). May 13-15(Venetian). mAyOD 19-23(MonteCarlo). June 24-26(Aria). July 29-31(Bally's). August 19-21(PH Towers @ Westgate). October 14-16 (Aria).

Comment

But how do u know how many bottles you are going to have before hand. For example, I'm getting a daybed at wet rep. with a $2k min spend....how much should I tip the host there?

Comment

I'm sorry I'm new to the whole bs in Vegas thing but why would you tip the host per bottle? All they did was get you in to order the bottles? I mean to me $100 is a solid tip for just getting me in the door. The waitress is the one who has to make trips over to your table w/ the bottles.
              June 12-15 2014 Aria
              July 12-14 2013 Venetian
              August 10-12 2012 Palazzo
              July 3-5 2012 Cosmo
              MAyOD 17-20 2012 Cosmo
              June 2011 PH Towers

Comment

Originally posted by pantlessbellman View Post
                I'm sorry I'm new to the whole bs in Vegas thing but why would you tip the host per bottle? All they did was get you in to order the bottles? I mean to me $100 is a solid tip for just getting me in the door. The waitress is the one who has to make trips over to your table w/ the bottles.
                The tip to the host is to make sure you don't get stuck in the middle of butt f*ck nowhere, which can definitely happen and it sucks at places like XS or other really big sized clubs. Most guys would want to be as close to the dancefloor / action as close as possible and the tip will help make that happen.

The waitress already gets tips because of the 20% mandatory gratuity and some of the time, those waitresses are abso-f*cking-lutely useless. I find that the runners should be getting that.

However, there are some places that if you pay cash, the tip is at your discretion.
                FO SHO.
                Originally posted by redbullvodka
                you're not ditching them, they're ditching you by not going.
                Originally posted by kimball
                You want to be at the club where girls want to be... not where guys get good bottle deals.

Comment

Originally posted by dazmac13 View Post
                  But how do u know how many bottles you are going to have before hand. For example, I'm getting a daybed at wet rep. with a $2k min spend....how much should I tip the host there?
                  I like this question...

How do you guys normally tip when you're quoted a Minimum Spend, and you have no clue how many bottles you're getting.
                  Originally posted by Godzuki
                  I rely on Rohypnol, Ether and my dashing good looks.

Comment

With a $2K minimum, I'd assume that's 4 bottles. At least that's what I do for the nightclubs where there are spend minimums as opposed to bottle minimums.

Its a good question for dayclubs where you would be ordering food throughout the day as well.

Comment

At dayclubs usually the tax/grat is already included and calculated for you. Any other tipping you will do toward your host that sets you up. You can probably consider 1 bottle is the equivalent of $500 of FB.

Comment

is it really legal to include a mandatory 22% tip? what happens if you have terrible service and dont want to pay it?

Comment

Of course it's legal, you're entering their establishment and consenting to abide by their "contract" by simply entering the premises.

Think of it in the way some restaurants can get away with charging a large party a set gratuity no matter the service. Doesn't make much sense because "legally" speaking it's not legal to have a disparity between patrons.

There's court rulings that sway each way so the moral of the story?

Use a credit card. I've only had to do it once but you can dispute a tip. I knew what I was paying for, I knew the final bill and was fine signing the receipt. But I didn't remember ordering cuntish snail paced service with a side of "your welcome, I'm doing you a favor for bring out your 1.5L bottles you paid for" attitude.

So, I had American Express take care of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Godzuki View Post
                            Of course it's legal, you're entering their establishment and consenting to abide by their "contract" by simply entering the premises.

Think of it in the way some restaurants can get away with charging a large party a set gratuity no matter the service. Doesn't make much sense because "legally" speaking it's not legal to have a disparity between patrons.

There's court rulings that sway each way so the moral of the story?

Use a credit card. I've only had to do it once but you can dispute a tip. I knew what I was paying for, I knew the final bill and was fine signing the receipt. But I didn't remember ordering cuntish snail paced service with a side of "your welcome, I'm doing you a favor for bring out your 1.5L bottles you paid for" attitude.

So, I had American Express take care of it.
                            so u told amex u didnt get what u paid for and claimed the service back? i'll b paying on mine too then!

Comment

Yeah, just disputed a portion of the tip and that was it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X