Dress code question - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Dress code question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dress code question

Any clubs that would frown on designer t-shirt with a nice sport coat over it? I see info that t-shirts are not allowed and am wondering if that means a t-shirt by itself or any t-shirt at all. TIA

BTW, we'll have a table with VIP entry

yes that would be fine, most clubs require "Stylish attire" and that definitely sounds like it fits into that category. plus the fact that you have a table booked is double security
    Bachelor Party Aug 16-19th!

Comment

Following on from this, are Timberland boots a strict no no, even ones that look cool?

Comment

Tims are a big NO NO.. and as long as its not Ed Hardy or Affliction.. (Fight or tattoo inspired) you can have a coat over...
        Mikey T
        Vegas legend
        Former Doorman of PURE, LAX, Surrender, EBC

New position in Las Vegas PENDING

Socal Networks!
        Facebook.com/MikeyTantalo

Twitter.com/MikeyTantalo

Comment

Originally posted by Muse87 View Post
          Following on from this, are Timberland boots a strict no no, even ones that look cool?
          Wasn't aware Timberland boots could look cool

Only joking! Seriously though I think you'll be ok as long as they are a darker colour and not completely scuffed. Might be best to wear a different style of shoe for a night out, although the fact you are rocking up with table service might mean none of it matters anyway!
          " I spent all my money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I wasted" - George Best. The Greatest drinker ever.

Comment

chuck taylors and Creative Recs are good
            Mikey T
            Vegas legend
            Former Doorman of PURE, LAX, Surrender, EBC

New position in Las Vegas PENDING

Socal Networks!
            Facebook.com/MikeyTantalo

Twitter.com/MikeyTantalo

Comment

Mike,

Going along the lines of Chuck Taylors and Creative Recs, you think I'll have any problems with these? Going to Jet and Vanity this Friday/Saturday for the first time. I've been fine in NYC with these, but wanted a Las Vegas veteran's opinion.

Last edited by jbravo; 03-16-2011, 02:37 PM.

Comment

So I can get into Surrender on a wednesday with my lacoste v-neck and creative recs?
                I Love Vegas!

Comment

My all black Melo M6s were my go to "club" shoe for the last year... then he went to the Knicks so I had to throw them away. Since we still had three nights left in Vegas during the trade I just wore a pair of Adios when we went out.

Comment

Why risk it? Just wear dress shoes. No disrespect those are all nice. However, there are some very nice "dress" shoes nowadays in lots of different styles to match any style. They make them comfortable if you buy good ones too.
                    ** Lifestyle Entrepreneur

Comment

One more thing.... Women love shoes and they look at what you wear.
                      ** Lifestyle Entrepreneur

Comment

I can't tell you how many times I've been packed chest to chest with my fellow sardines only to have one of them lean down and peer at my Famous Footwears on the dancefloor.

Besides I stifle them with so much Axe bodyspray my kicks are the least of anyones concern.

Comment

Originally posted by redbullvodka View Post
                          Why risk it? Just wear dress shoes. No disrespect those are all nice. However, there are some very nice "dress" shoes nowadays in lots of different styles to match any style. They make them comfortable if you buy good ones too.
                          Because if a host specifically tells you that its alright, i think the risk factor is taken out. That is the whole purpose of why we are asking....

Additionally, you mention that women notice your shoes but honestly it won't make much of a difference. Its going to be your overall look and how you are put together not just your shoes, a woman that is attracted to you isn't going to let the fact that you are wearing chucks be a deal breaker if you have made a good impression and look good to her anyways
                          I Love Vegas!

Comment

Sorry not wanting to hi-jack your thread. But I have the same question for Women's Dress Code.

I often read that there are "No Sandals" permitted. I understand "No Flip Flops"

With the summer coming, isn't "No Sandals" kinda hard? Most of Women's summer fashion are Gladiator Flats, Open-Toe Sun Wedges and Kitten-to-Stiletto Heeled Sandals.

Are these a no too? I was hoping to avoid anything over a 3 inch heel for a dancing night. If I can wear my Gladiators I'd be thrilled!

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                              Sorry not wanting to hi-jack your thread. But I have the same question for Women's Dress Code.

I often read that there are "No Sandals" permitted. I understand "No Flip Flops"

With the summer coming, isn't "No Sandals" kinda hard? Most of Women's summer fashion are Gladiator Flats, Open-Toe Sun Wedges and Kitten-to-Stiletto Heeled Sandals.

Are these a no too? I was hoping to avoid anything over a 3 inch heel for a dancing night. If I can wear my Gladiators I'd be thrilled!
                              5-inch heels are the bare minimum allowed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X