A Host Depreciation Thread - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

A Host Depreciation Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Host Depreciation Thread

The story below reminded me of some of the awful (most of them happened before I found this site) bottle service experiences I have had in Vegas.

If a host appreciation thread exsits, shouldn't it also have a counterpart or oppostie?

Would a host depreciation or neglection thread simply invite too many opportunities for public bashing?

If so, do we have any other options besides including feedback in our trip reports?

I think if good hosts are given props (which they are) there should also be some kind of list that will keep people from making a bad mistake.

and I don't think I'm alone on this one.

I am hoping the moderators have some feedback regarding this.
    Last edited by Breeze; 01-24-2011, 07:24 PM.

I think it's a great idea as long as the reviews are fair and strictly based on service provided. For every great experience with a host there is a terrible one.

Comment

I agree that it would be nice to be able to help steer people clear of bad hosts. While I must admit that I had a great time at XS on Saturday night, it was only due to me agreeing to spend an additional $1000 (+ tax and gratuity) once I got to the club. Had I known that before, I may have chosen a different club, or at least been able to plan accordingly. Plus I was treated as if I was being a complete nuisance when I said I would be willing to spend the extra money to get the experience I had been expecting. So after spending $3480 for a group of 7 people, I felt as if I was some lowly beggar asking for a handout.

But I wouldn't want people to be constantly bashing good hosts over some small issue they had and making a good guy look bad.

Comment

Originally posted by CLoftis View Post
        But I wouldn't want people to be constantly bashing good hosts over some small issue they had and making a good guy look bad.
        This would be my biggest concern about a 'depreciation' thread... it's great having a host appreciation thread because everyone knows which hosts have a good track record. 'Depreciation' posts would likely be one off instances in most cases... although I do think it's important that hosts be called out if there keeps being issues with them.

Comment

I don't think people would be opposed to a thread or would delete a thread as long as it doesn't turn super flamey... as for whether it "sticky's" up top.. will let a super mod chime in or have members manually bump the thread...

Comment

If you have a terrible experience with a particular host on or off this site, please feel free to keep our members informed. Of course it also depends on the situation. You can't start a depreciation just because a quote was unacceptable *cough*

Comment

Well, I have a couple thoughts on this:

One, the host appreciation thread is/has also been a place to air any dissatisfaction that you may have experienced and I think It's probably worked out OK.

Two, as someone has already stated, the bad experiences are few and far in between...when someone HAS been upset, they've just created a new thread and others have chimed in.

So I think either way is fine, but I'm not a fan of an actual thread dedicated to bashing hosts, it may send the wrong message.
              -WarreN aka "The Business"

"ITS BUSINESS TIME!!!" -me

Add me to your social network...if you dare...
              http://www.facebook.com/rw4rr3n / http://twitter.com/ItsTheBusiness

Comment

What Warren said. I think it's great to discuss it and find out who/what was wrong when you do have a bad experience, but to have a dedicated thread/sticky to it gives the impression that using hosts is a very hit-or-miss deal. I personally say if you have an issue make a new thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  What Warren said. I think it's great to discuss it and find out who/what was wrong when you do have a bad experience, but to have a dedicated thread/sticky to it gives the impression that using hosts is a very hit-or-miss deal. I personally say if you have an issue make a new thread.
                  +1 to that

Comment

I think a forum member depreciation thread would be more fun....
                    Blackout Artist
                    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by dnix View Post
                      +2 to that too

Comment

Originally posted by dnix View Post
                        Touche!

Comment

i try and be awesome for the most part..sometimes i suck but its not always in my control

For real tho if you have a bad experience i would contact the host via email or text/call and maybe it was something out of their control and it could be fixed for next time or future. I know if i screw up i would like to know so that the next time that person is in town ill make sure i try and make up for it. I wouldnt public bash someone tho unless they really really deserve it. we have enough of that going around in this world anyway

Comment

Nice bump. lol Its really rare that someone actually calls out the host. Usually, they just complain about their experience without naming the host, which is kind of pointless to me.
                            Blackout Artist
                            [email protected]

Comment

i got completely ignored from the tao host...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X