First of, I'd like to say to Jack and the forum regulars (inluding the hosts!) that you guys are great for being so helpful with your posts and advice. Very unselfish and nice of you all. It's a good community you guys have here. Very solid...
Here's my story...
I'm in my early 30s and work in finance. Originally born in Singapore but grew up moving around the world with my family from Indonesia and Egypt to the UK, Germany and the US. Lived in the US (Philly and NYC) for 10 years up to 2006 and did the whole wall street thing for the better part of my working life. Used to be a Vegas (and Miami) regular during my time in New York. Stumbled on this awesome site back in the day when it first started and was a regular visitor for years but the discussion boards were not nearly as active back then as they are now. (I do remember back then the discussion boards would be silent for days and Jack would be the one responding constantly to people's questions and sometimes would have to throw up a thread to ask people to start a discussion. Lol...the early days of jackcolton.com. It's definitely come a loooooong way since).
Married my college girlfriend in 2003. We got shipped out to Tokyo with my company in 2006. (I had always thought that Vegas was the pinnacle of crazy partying, but man Tokyo is whole other level. F'ing "next level." Crazy shit like you've never seen. If any of you ever want to give Tokyo a try, let me know and I'll be glad to give you a playbook). Great experience living out in Japan, but on the flipside, the flight to Vegas just got 8 hours longer! I remained true to Vegas and continued to make my pilgrimages to the desert...though less frequently (had to get my In 'n' Out burger fix too! Lol).
Finally quit my job at the bank I was working for when the world was falling apart in 2008 and moved back home to Singapore. Decided I wanted to use my finance background to serve my country and so got a job with the government. Still working there now and enjoying every bit of it. I travel to Japan and Australia for most of my work. (So, if any of you jc'ers are coming this way, holler at me and we can definitely hook up). Now, the wifey and I have two little boys (age 4 and 1) and loving life in sunny Singapore. Sadly my trips to Vegas got even less frequent (went twice in 2009 and no trips so far in 2010).
I came back to the jc site in 2009 and was pleasantly surprised to see how much it had grown. (Serious props to you Jack. It's a great achievment. Very happy for you). I have vowed to keep coming back to Vegas even though I'm half way around the world. Love that place. Would love to connect with some of you crazy drinkers on my upcoming trips. Bottles and more bottles are a staple for me.
-Sid
Here's my story...
I'm in my early 30s and work in finance. Originally born in Singapore but grew up moving around the world with my family from Indonesia and Egypt to the UK, Germany and the US. Lived in the US (Philly and NYC) for 10 years up to 2006 and did the whole wall street thing for the better part of my working life. Used to be a Vegas (and Miami) regular during my time in New York. Stumbled on this awesome site back in the day when it first started and was a regular visitor for years but the discussion boards were not nearly as active back then as they are now. (I do remember back then the discussion boards would be silent for days and Jack would be the one responding constantly to people's questions and sometimes would have to throw up a thread to ask people to start a discussion. Lol...the early days of jackcolton.com. It's definitely come a loooooong way since).
Married my college girlfriend in 2003. We got shipped out to Tokyo with my company in 2006. (I had always thought that Vegas was the pinnacle of crazy partying, but man Tokyo is whole other level. F'ing "next level." Crazy shit like you've never seen. If any of you ever want to give Tokyo a try, let me know and I'll be glad to give you a playbook). Great experience living out in Japan, but on the flipside, the flight to Vegas just got 8 hours longer! I remained true to Vegas and continued to make my pilgrimages to the desert...though less frequently (had to get my In 'n' Out burger fix too! Lol).
Finally quit my job at the bank I was working for when the world was falling apart in 2008 and moved back home to Singapore. Decided I wanted to use my finance background to serve my country and so got a job with the government. Still working there now and enjoying every bit of it. I travel to Japan and Australia for most of my work. (So, if any of you jc'ers are coming this way, holler at me and we can definitely hook up). Now, the wifey and I have two little boys (age 4 and 1) and loving life in sunny Singapore. Sadly my trips to Vegas got even less frequent (went twice in 2009 and no trips so far in 2010).
I came back to the jc site in 2009 and was pleasantly surprised to see how much it had grown. (Serious props to you Jack. It's a great achievment. Very happy for you). I have vowed to keep coming back to Vegas even though I'm half way around the world. Love that place. Would love to connect with some of you crazy drinkers on my upcoming trips. Bottles and more bottles are a staple for me.
-Sid
Comment