Trip Review of my B-Day in Vegas - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Trip Review of my B-Day in Vegas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trip Review of my B-Day in Vegas

    As promised, here's a review of recent trip to Vegas for my birthday...

    I went with a friend of mine and her boyfriend. We landed in the morning on May 6 (Wedn.). Rented a car (nearly brand new Altima, great car) and drove to Costco. Last year, I did a roadtrip and thought that Costcos in Nevada sold alcohol. Unfortunately, I was wrong So I just got some cig's instead. Then we checked into Excalibur (great deal at about $40 per night!). We requested smoking rooms, but they wouldn't have them ready for a few hours, so we settled for two adjoining non-smoking rooms with a great view of the Strip.

    While my friend rested/changed/unpacked (whatever it is that girls do ), me and her boyfriend walked across the street to Tropicana. He won a free show ticket (which we ended up not using) and I got a free deck of cards through their spin the wheel promotion. Later, we saw KA which was very good. After a quick bite, we took a cab to Rio where we had reserved the open bar package. My friend said she was really tired and not in the mood for clubs (!) so we decided to make it quick. I thought I was a good drinker, but after having about 8 drinks in the span of less than an hour, I got drunk The last thing I remember is being in the club...

    The next morning I woke up with a bruised eye, scratched lip and elbow and a limp in my right knee. Apparently, my friend's boyfriend had to half drag me back to the hotel. Weirdest thing, apart from my physical injuries, I felt totally fine - no hangover whatsoever!

    We then headed to Bare, where I made lounge chair reservations (50 pp F&B min). This turned out to be a great choice. We had a great time, and will definitely go back next time. That evening, we saw Le Reve, which I also liked (they thought it was just ok). We had reservations for dinner at Tao restaurant, and the food was quite good. We also made reservations for bottle service at Tao (though Larson, whose name I found on the JC site). He promised us 1 bottle min. in the opium room. When we went to check in, the bouncer said they were preparing a table in the lounge for us. I told him that we were supposed to be in the opium room, but he said that it would be 2 bottles there. I argued for a few minutes, but since my friend was tired (again!) decided to just leave.

    On Friday, my actual bday, we went shopping. My friend is a shopaholic and we spent half the day shopping. I myself would have preferred to do something else, but oh well. We had dinner reservation at Alize, which we liked very much. I especially enjoyed it when they tried opening not one, but two bottles of the Italian wine I ordered, and both times it didn't work They told me to choose something else, and that apparently Italian wine does not do well in a French restaurant.

    That night, we had reserved a Nite Tour and were supposed to go to Christian Audigier, LAX and Pure. My friend was once again tired (shocker) so we only went to C.A.

    Finally on Sat., we checked out, spent the day walking around the casinos and finally flew home at 11 pm.

    Overall, I can't say I had a bad time, but it could've been better. In the past, when I traveled alone, I was free to make my own choices and do my own thing. If I do go again, I'll either come alone or with someone I know likes to party and have fun.

    So sorry guys I wasn't able to drop by and say hi at JC's table at Tao on Thursday. But maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to make it out one more time this summer (before I start med school in the fall and become way too busy/exhausted/poor to fly down) for a re-do of my bday! Anyone here have any upcoming trips, say in June???

  • #2
    I'm booked for June, and so are a couple others on here. Your review is exactly why I don't go in big groups. It's harder to get everyone on the same page.
    Blackout Artist
    [email protected]

    Comment


    • #3
      my bday may 01 in vegas

      I went to vegas for my bday with just my friend. we arrived on thursday and went to mix. we hung out then we went and did our own thing. got pretty buzzzd and rode a taxi home. then lost my phone in the taxi. ha ha (recoverd it the next day).
      then we never really hung out that much. just maybe went to a club together and then once inside we both wonder off and do our own thing. it was good tho. dont remember some things and questioning thos nights. lol. but thats vegas.

      had a great time. will be back in august to celebrate my friends birthday.

      even with two of is it was hard to stay together and do stuff together.

      will for sure have to try and stay to gether a little more. ha ha ha.

      Comment


      • #4
        feed back

        Originally posted by andrewjsl View Post
        *and drove to Costco. Last year, I did a roadtrip and thought that Costcos in Nevada sold alcohol. Unfortunately, I was wrong

        *We also made reservations for bottle service at Tao (though Larson, whose name I found on the JC site). He promised us 1 bottle min. in the opium room. When we went to check in, the bouncer said they were preparing a table in the lounge for us. I told him that we were supposed to be in the opium room, but he said that it would be 2 bottles there. I argued for a few minutes, but since my friend was tired (again!) decided to just leave.

        That night, we had reserved a Nite Tour and were supposed to go to Christian Audigier, LAX and Pure. My friend was once again tired (shocker) so we only went to C.A.

        Overall, I can't say I had a bad time, but it could've been better. In the past, when I traveled alone, I was free to make my own choices and do my own thing. If I do go again, I'll either come alone or with someone I know likes to party and have fun.

        But maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to make it out one more time this summer (before I start med school in the fall and become way too busy/exhausted/poor to fly down) for a re-do of my bday! Anyone here have any upcoming trips, say in June???
        Andrew L. right.. ??? I think i tried to contact you a few times to see if i could help with your trip.

        *Sams Club sales alcohol at discounts and albertsons is my fav spot right off the strip for good deals too.

        1300 E Flamingo Rd
        Las Vegas, NV 89119
        (702) 733-2947
        http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rl...-8&sa=N&tab=wl

        *not a good review; Larson, found on the JC site. But we cant please everyone. I understand this one.

        *Night Tours; sounded like you didnt get your moneys worth to me to get a ride to C.A. for 100 plus per person.. right.. ???

        *andrew i will be here in June for a redo and maybe this time you will let us help..

        Michael

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mr. Las Vegas (host) View Post
          Andrew L. right.. ??? I think i tried to contact you a few times to see if i could help with your trip.

          *Sams Club sales alcohol at discounts and albertsons is my fav spot right off the strip for good deals too.

          1300 E Flamingo Rd
          Las Vegas, NV 89119
          (702) 733-2947
          http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rl...-8&sa=N&tab=wl

          *not a good review; Larson, found on the JC site. But we cant please everyone. I understand this one.

          *Night Tours; sounded like you didnt get your moneys worth to me to get a ride to C.A. for 100 plus per person.. right.. ???

          *andrew i will be here in June for a redo and maybe this time you will let us help..

          Michael
          yea let michael help out with your next rip to vegas. i know that i will.

          im bored here at work. only 45 more mins to go.

          but contact mr las vegas and let him show you what he can do for you.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mr. Las Vegas (host) View Post
            Larson, found on the JC site. But we cant please everyone. I understand this one.
            Just to clarify, the Larson I'm referring to is a Senior VIP host at Tao, so I thought his word would carry some weight, but apparently not.

            Originally posted by Mr. Las Vegas (host) View Post
            Night Tours; sounded like you didnt get your moneys worth to me to get a ride to C.A. for 100 plus per person.. right.. ???
            Yeah, it was 69 for the girl, 79 for the guys. It would have been an awesome deal if we went to all 3 clubs (esp. ending up at Pure!). I did this tour last year and highly recommend it, despite not getting my money's worth this time.

            And yeah Michael, next time I go I might use you. It's just that I had already planned everything this time around (albeit not everything went according to plan).

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks for the review andrew. I fell ya dude. I was there to party, but the girls wanted to do other stuff. So I missed out on a lot of things. I told myself next time I go, its going to be with people who actually want to party it up. Im planning on going back in aug with my buddy. Let me know if you want to chill.

              Comment


              • #8
                Andrew, your friend who kept ending the night early sounds like a real buzz-kill. It's good that you still had fun, though. So important to travel with like-minded ppl IMO.

                Going with girls makes it easier to get into clubs if you're trying to avoid have to reserve a table, but it creates other problems too sometimes in my experience...especially if you're going with the gf!

                Comment


                • #9
                  His friend got tired cause she was with her boyfriend LOL. If if was just them it would been different. I'm choosy on who rolls to vegas with me , I have a group of 4 that I roll with and it's always a great time. When someone gets tired or pissy then someone else is always pumped. And never hesitate to let your "tired" friend roll back to the room for shut eye while you continue to party.
                  Appreciate Vegas
                  Next Trip 4/26!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by IRockNvegas View Post
                    His friend got tired cause she was with her boyfriend LOL. If if was just them it would been different. I'm choosy on who rolls to vegas with me , I have a group of 4 that I roll with and it's always a great time. When someone gets tired or pissy then someone else is always pumped. And never hesitate to let your "tired" friend roll back to the room for shut eye while you continue to party.
                    ding ding ding, my whole outlook when my friends get tired is toughen the F up!!! we are in vegas for 3 nights F#$%^in deal with it and I tell them youll get all the sleep you need when youre dead......lets roll
                    it's that time again, let's get #28 gentleman....for the boss

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I would have just left, or stayed and partied on my own. That's ridiculous.. You're in Vegas! If you're tired, have a nap or an energy drink and get back out there!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Agreed, Why even go to vegas if your not going to take full advantage of it?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          That's what Red Bull is for. Mixed with Vodka. Party fuel!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by nyc2vegas View Post
                            ding ding ding, my whole outlook when my friends get tired is toughen the F up!!! we are in vegas for 3 nights F#$%^in deal with it and I tell them youll get all the sleep you need when youre dead......lets roll
                            Haha live fast and die fun! One of the guys I roll with is a cop and when in vegas he's out of control the stories I have on this dude , nuts.
                            Appreciate Vegas
                            Next Trip 4/26!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by IRockNvegas View Post
                              Haha live fast and die fun! One of the guys I roll with is a cop and when in vegas he's out of control the stories I have on this dude , nuts.
                              I know first hand one of my buddies is NYPD, you have to see peoples faces when they find out hes a cop....its hysterical
                              it's that time again, let's get #28 gentleman....for the boss

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              There are no results that meet this criteria.

                              Working...
                              X