first time in vegas
Collapse
X
-
hello again
Dont worry about the addy lol it is work ,cant get on my hotmail or msn , face book is allowed but i dont have an account . the surf nazis in the office , have banned 99% of sites surprised they havent caught up to this one yet ! ( tried to upload a pic and cant from here ) can only attach to my email address )
We have 2 labs on board , we do loads of oceanographic reseach ,and sea bed surveys 50% of the crew are scientific , I am just the bus driver lol,
what sort of lab do you work in ? ,
had a change of mind regarding hotels , am 99.9 sure it will be hard rock after all , I drink mostly bud when home anyway , but been on tiger and Bintang this trip so far , prefer Tiger i must say .Not sure what the local African brew is yet , hopefully Castle . will know by Thursday docking then
is good to chat to ya again send again any time
only a month or so left lol
best wishes Will
Leave a comment:
-
Lol! you don't want to be putting your email addy all over the web - you'll get spammed to death! You on facebook - its how most of us JCers check that the newbie isn't a serial killer!
Yeah, £8 beers are no fun. Iceland was the same...not sure what it's like now after the banking fiasco though...And yeah american pints are smaller than ours, not sure how that works, and of course the beer is shit (although I like the lime flavoured bud!) Just been in Belgium for the weekend, been drinking so much great beer - I love my fruit beers - lemon/lime hoegarden - yum! ooo and cranberry and rasberry...
Your job sounds very cool, got to be better than sitting in a lab all day!
I'm not vegas expert, only been there clubbing once, stayed at ballys, nice and central. Next to Bills which has cheap beer ($1 Newkie browns - not the same as at home, but still ok, though I preferred the $1 frozen margaritas though
TI looks pretty good location too, near tao, xs, tryst, jet...going to be cool for you!Last edited by BritishV; 02-15-2010, 02:27 AM.
Leave a comment:
-
good morning young lady
We just passing Mauritius ( tried to blag the office we needed to stop for bunkers ) they not having it ! lol
if you talking about expensive nights out , dont go to Norway £8 a beer in normal bars let alone clubs ! and its not a full pint either . But such a beautyful country ,
drop me a line at [email protected] any time you like ,
have you stayed at the TI before ? looks like a good location for everything
keep the tips coming , your bang on !
Cheers Will X
Leave a comment:
-
he he, they'll love the accent, but I bet they don't understand a word you're saying :-P
Yeah, you got to do Raffles one time, just eat a mountain of peanuts to make up for the cost of the drinks. We mostly hung out in Holland V because it was near where I worked and cheaper, then head down to CQ later in the night. Mind you if you think Raffle's expensive wait till you hit up the clubs in vegas! Wows - $10 for a beer! Eek!
We didn't really make any plans, other than Blush for a halloween party - be aware which nights are the best at each club before you go, but chances are you'll meet some cool people you'll want to hook up with at clubs on other nights.
xxx
Leave a comment:
-
yes clarkes quay found a rockish bar on clarkes quay called the Elephant something , they even sold Stella lol and went to the peoples park a few times as well , I really enjoyed it this time round , Even went to Raffles and had a sling very pricey but you only live once . We had a week in Bali too ( horrible job i have but somebody got to do it lol )
I checked out the place you sent a link for looks great ,
but i fully understand what you saying about not getting to places , Not usualy the sort of person that plans stuff ahead of time , and its getting me more confused than i was before i thought sod it time to see what Vegas is like lol
but your advice is very helpful indeed .
please keep it coming
best regards Will .
ps - hope your right about my acent i from NOOOOOOOOORFOLK , the only thing we usually charm is the cows home for milking lol,
Leave a comment:
-
good to know!!! Funnily enough I never went myself, just heard all the stories of the SPGs etc...Originally posted by brit sailor View Posthello Virgin
I was only in Orchid tower supervising the 2nd and 3rd officers lol, it was thier first trips out East . so they where like kids in a sweet shop ! i did climb inside a bottle of tequila with a lovey lady from Russia , but that was as far as it went with me . Hookers 100% not my thing .
but as i have been working in Africa and far east greasing palms is second nature lol
Your advice sounds top notch and for that i thank you .
Any more tips you may have please feel free to pass them on
best regards Will .
Did you rock Clarke Quay?
Leave a comment:
-
hello Virgin
I was only in Orchid tower supervising the 2nd and 3rd officers lol, it was thier first trips out East . so they where like kids in a sweet shop ! i did climb inside a bottle of tequila with a lovey lady from Russia , but that was as far as it went with me . Hookers 100% not my thing .
but as i have been working in Africa and far east greasing palms is second nature lol
Your advice sounds top notch and for that i thank you .
Any more tips you may have please feel free to pass them on
best regards Will .
Leave a comment:
-
Hi sailor,
Ok, so I consider myself a rock chic too, and was asking where to head for my first vegas trip last halloweeen. Wasted space was suggested, but oddly we never made it there, but also this place: http://www.feelgoodsvegas.com/ never got there either! In the end the quality of the big vegas clubs blew me away and I realised I could put up with the house music because the vibe was so good!
You won't look old or stand out. The age range is very different to uk clubs, a lot more old people, especially guys (plenty of white haired dudes - clearly splashing the cash, with the candies on their arms!)
Money talks - if you grease you can get into the clubs wearing anything vaguely respectable. If you look better in a t-shirt, wear a t-shirt.
The four floors of whores may have a good line in Asian prozzies, but trust me the ones in vegas will catch your eye too! They're pretty classy looking, and from what I've heard can hold a conversation too! Not that I'm recommending them - eugh! I'm sure your brit accent will charm a girl you don't need to pay for!
When I was out I had the most fun just chatting to people in the clubs and around the pool/hot tubs - people are very friendly. Remember everyone is on holiday in vegas basically, you'll find lots of girls to chat to and have a laugh with (although ironically it was the aussie and uk guys I met that were the most fun, american boys are cute, but take themselves too seriously!)
Have fun!Last edited by BritishV; 02-11-2010, 12:31 AM.
Leave a comment:
-
can anybody help with live music venues and a few nice lounges ?
oh and a good pool for day time chilling ?
cheers in advance
Will
Leave a comment:
-
good moring all
and a huge thank you for all your help again , you lot are top notch , cheers !
Ricky - i love my street punk bread and butter to me , live music would be A1 mate ,
dont mind taking my whistle , i like to get dressed up now and again , but like i say i always look like some crap film gangsters heavy in it lol,
As for hookers , not my thing at all . and i VERY VERY much doubt Vegas has anything to offer in that line that Orchid Towers in Singapour cant top ! ( google it )
And we were there all over christmas .
I am really after a sort of 28 to 35 age group who still like to party 24/7 . but i also love to chat and have a laugh TALKING to women , after months of listening to just blokes perspective on life , it is a bloody breath of fresh air to get the more intelligent sexes side of things .
I love the sea she is beautyful , wild , mystical and unpridictable , but i also love the company of intelligent ladies as well .
gone off on a bit of a ramble there lol,
once again cheers to all , you are truely top people for the help
cheers WILL
Leave a comment:
-
I'm just saying, with a bit of looking that Brit Sailor should be able to find some places that have more of a crowd/music type that he is into. Unfortunately, I don't really know where to look.
I'm sure that there's some type of rock (and maybe punk, he didn't mention that) that extends beyond Wasted Space that he could check out.
I'm sure Wasted Space is fine. But given that it's in the Hard Rock and tries to get people to do bottle service that it's more of a "pretty punk/scenester" crowd similar to what you would find at say Beauty Bar downtown than a true "Rock" crowd.
I don't know, not as much my thing.
Bottom line, I guarantee he'll be able to find places that suit him. I just don't think somebody should have to completely change who they are "get decent clothes" etc. like is being suggested. Vegas is a place to go and be what best suits you.
Of course, most of us like to dress up and hit nightclubs and that's why we are here. But, given his self description it doesn't seem like Brit would enjoy the traditional vegas nightclub experience very much.
I'm thinking divish places with hard rocking live acts is more his style? Forgive me if I'm wrong.
That's what's great about this board, though. Somebody will come up with something for him or lead him in the right direction.
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by travhast View Posthey brit sailor
whatever you do, stay out of downtown. first trip in vegas should always be strip or strip vicinity. downtown is, i would say, more of a white trash thing than blue collar thing.
i have no idea of hard rock myself, but me and a couple of 40-ish guys are staying there on our annual trip this time (end of April). i just as soon be drunk and out of place in a bar with girls in their 20s instead of girls in their 40s (mind you i do not age discriminate
)
i would recommend you to get some decent clothes though. that will work in your favor in every way.
have fun, chose the rhino if you want a strip club (complimentary limo) and do not bring hookers to your room. seriously. do not.
lol @ the hookers comment
dare i ask why not?
Leave a comment:
-
hey brit sailor
whatever you do, stay out of downtown. first trip in vegas should always be strip or strip vicinity. downtown is, i would say, more of a white trash thing than blue collar thing.
i have no idea of hard rock myself, but me and a couple of 40-ish guys are staying there on our annual trip this time (end of April). i just as soon be drunk and out of place in a bar with girls in their 20s instead of girls in their 40s (mind you i do not age discriminate
)
i would recommend you to get some decent clothes though. that will work in your favor in every way.
have fun, chose the rhino if you want a strip club (complimentary limo) and do not bring hookers to your room. seriously. do not.
Leave a comment:
Latest Topics
Collapse
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Leave a comment: