Clubbing in the US Virgin - (british) - 10 days in Vegas, which clubs??? - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Clubbing in the US Virgin - (british) - 10 days in Vegas, which clubs???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clubbing in the US Virgin - (british) - 10 days in Vegas, which clubs???

Hi all,

Looking for some advice from you friendly guys. I've been to Vegas once before but didn't do any clubbing, but I'm totally up for it this time round. Arriving on Sunday and staying 10 days :-)

Got a costume ready for Halloween and thinking Vampoween on tuesday at blush should be fun, but I have no idea what other clubs to check out.

I've never been to a club in the states, so I'm not sure how people dress or what the vibe is like. Over here everyone dresses sexy/short skirts or tight tops etc... and the guys wear shirts, trousers and smart shoes - does the same go in LV? Last time everyone looked scruffy in the bars we went to!!

So I'm into rock rather then dance - are there any rock clubs worth going to?
    Otherwise cheesy tunes (top40 and 80s stuff) are fun.

I'd really appreciate some recommendations. also queuing for hours to get into a club is not my cup of tea - I'd rather go somewhere less wow but not have to hang around.

Is it worth getting coupons for free entry before we come? what are cover charges like? We won't have internet when we get there.

Ps I'm nearly 30 (eek) and my hubbie is only a couple of years younger, so no clubs full of teenagers please!!

Thanks so much for the help!
    Halloween AOD #4 trip - I survived!!! (I still can't quite believe it!)

And my special FB page for JC peeps is:
    http://www.facebook.com/britishV

Bars definitely have different dress codes then clubs. You should be safe wearing short dresses to the club. Guys, collared shirt and designer jeans.

Comment

Vegas is a 21+ city so their won't be any teens running around.

::googles smart shoes:: Ohhhhhhh

Don't wear those to the club.

There is actually a group of who are going to be in Vegas for Halloween too, some people plan on meeting up at Vbar in the Venetian. Check around and you will see some post about it.
      ChasKrew & KrewChas
      May 19th - 23rd
      MGM Sig.

Lemme Smang it Giiiirl

Comment

10 days in vegas?? i'd die.
        Sept 2009, mAyOD 2010, August 2010, mAyOD 2011, Halloween 2011, January 2012, mAyOD2012

Comment

anyway, yes, you have the dress code correct. bars are definitely different than clubs out here as far as how people dress.

the main site should have all of your info on what clubs to go to and what to expect as far as admission goes etc. most people recommend the palms wristbands from wanttickets.com on the weekends, tryst, xs, etc. i loved blush when i went last month so you should have a good time.

you won't have to worry about too many teenagers in vegas, so you're lucky in that aspect.
          Sept 2009, mAyOD 2010, August 2010, mAyOD 2011, Halloween 2011, January 2012, mAyOD2012

Comment

You probably want to check out the galleries of spyonvegas.com for club wear. You can get a general idea.

Comment

Originally posted by restyle View Post
              10 days in vegas?? i'd die.

10 days is awesome. i would love to do like 14 days. or a month.

Comment

"No one stays who in Vegas for longer than two days is ever pleased they did."
                -KSK
                The only winning move is not to play.

Comment

Originally posted by tangoplus View Post
                  10 days is awesome. i would love to do like 14 days. or a month.
                  i could do 10 days if i included shopping and touristy things to my schedule. that's about it!

Comment

hi guys,

Thanks so much for all the info :-)
                    You're making me feel very welcome! Yeah, we'll be doing lots of touristy stuff and shopping and couple of days hiking in the desert. But we want to go to a few club nights.
                    I just didn't want to be over dressed and I kind of feel I'd look odd in short short skirt in some of the bars we were in last time.
                    I guess you guys don't really go bar hopping then to the club like we do, where a friday or sat night people are as dressed up in the pubs as they are in the clubs.

Really can't wait! will check out the palms wristband thing.
                    So the ebay vouchers for cover charges aren't worth while then?
                    Also might see if we can hook up with some people from here.

Clubbing in a group is way more fun - do people chat with strangers in clubs - or just with their mates? I can be flirtatious, but obviously I'm not looking to chat guys up! ;-)

Comment

1) I read the entire OP with a British accent. It was awesome
                      2) Ten days in Vegas would be awesome. You'd really only go hard on day one, day ten, and one random day in between. The other times, there's less pressure to make it big, so you can enjoy the small thrills of Vegas -- exploring hotels, drinking a hotel bar, taking trips out to Hoover dam, etc.
                      TR from most-recent trip:

My TR from LDW '09:

I II III IV

Comment

smart shoes:
                        http://www.asos.com/Men/Shoes/Smart-....aspx?cid=5773

:-)

Not sure my last post makes much sense when I read it through, hope my explanation of a night out in the UK made some sort of sense!

And hitting it hard on the first day might be a bit hard with the jet lag - it's about a 9 hour time difference I think

Comment

Originally posted by emujuice View Post
                          smart shoes:
                          http://www.asos.com/Men/Shoes/Smart-....aspx?cid=5773

:-)

Not sure my last post makes much sense when I read it through, hope my explanation of a night out in the UK made some sort of sense!

And hitting it hard on the first day might be a bit hard with the jet lag - it's about a 9 hour time difference I think
                          Be a man -- drink some Red Bull and suck it up.
                          TR from most-recent trip:

My TR from LDW '09:

I II III IV

Comment

Originally posted by restyle View Post
                            i could do 10 days if i included shopping and touristy things to my schedule. that's about it!
                            Yea you gotta mix in a trip to like Red Rock, Grand Canyon, Green Valley Ranch etc.. Then 10 days is doable. 10 days of drinking and getting f'd up is a little too much. LDW I beat everyone's record by doing 4 days. Most were dying by 3rd day. Trust me the 4th day was hell.. I just sat down at XS and didn't want to move because my entire body felt like it got a beat down.

Comment

Originally posted by rnjbond View Post
                              Be a man -- drink some Red Bull and suck it up.
                              Can I be a girl and get some sleep instead???

I've not done more then 2 nights in a row since I was at Uni - I'm an old lady now! But still like to have drink and dance occasionally :-)

Trouble is everything is sounding so expensive - it's around $1000 each for the holiday to begin with so we don't have that much spending money. Gonna have to do the classic student thing most nights and have a few drinks getting ready and drink water and dance when we we're out!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X