From Norway to Vegas - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

From Norway to Vegas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Norway to Vegas

Hi,

I've been reading the forum for the past few days and first of all thanks for all the useful info. It's really being helpful.

So here's the story: we're 5 guys from Europe (some living in France and myself in Norway) planning a trip to Vegas on January 20th. What I've been reading here has scared me a little bit because we're a bit on the difficult side by being 5 guys. We want of course to party in some of the mentioned clubs (Tao, XS, Pure, etc.) and if I understood it right, there's basically 3 way to get in without standing for 3 hours in line:
    -book bottle service with a host (around 1300$ for 2 bottles since we're 5)
    -book bottle service with a VIP host (same price as above or maybe even more)
    -try to grease the bouncer which would add another extra 100$ to the 2 bottle bill.

I need some help to know if we have other alternatives, if end of January is a busy period (which I doubt), if we have a chance to get in by queuing and if it really takes up to 2 hours to get into a club.
    Please do not send us to strip clubs, that's not the point of our trip...

Thanks for you help and for the great community!
    Last edited by miki_x; 10-12-2009, 02:28 AM.

Originally posted by miki_x View Post
    Hi,

-try to grease the bouncer which would add another extra 100$ to the 2 bottle bill.

I need some help to know if we have other alternatives, if end of January is a busy period (which I doubt), if we have a chance to get in by queuing and if it really takes up to 2 hours to get into a club.

Welcome miki,

forget step 2. 3rd party hosts are not recommended.

#3 greasing the bouncer would not have a 2 bottle min as you're just greasing the bouncer to help get you in the club sooner. The per person tip to the bouncer would be normally in addition to the cover.

I recommend route 1 Bottle service with a direct host from here at least one night. It's a pretty fun time to have your own table at these clubs.

Comment

Thanks for the useful info!

Just wondering what the chances are for 5 guys trying to grease the bouncer? Would they require on top of the greasing that we get bottle service or is the greasing enough?

Just trying to get familiar with this "Vegas rules". It's really different here in Europe and exlusively based on appearance. Either you get in or not, no further discussion. Tipping like in the US wouldn't help that much here.
      Last edited by miki_x; 10-12-2009, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the useful info!

Just wondering what the chances are for 5 guys trying to grease the bouncer? Would they require on top of the greasing that we get bottle service or is the greasing enough?

Just trying to get familiar with this "Vegas rules". It's really different here in Europe and exlusively based on appearance. Either you get in or not, no further discussion. Tipping like in the US wouldn't help that much here.
        $30-$50 bucks each should do it. If you're concerned, break up in to 2 groups and approach the bouncers separately. Don't make it obvious though.

Comment

January will be slow, if youre going during the week places may let you slide with a 1 bottle minimum, so try that route. Also dont be afraid and contact the hosts on here and tell them flat out, we dont really want to do bottles so if we take care of you can you take care of us. another option is to get a table for 3 (1 bottle) and when you meet your host ask them if your 2 friends take care of them can they get them past the line. The bottom line is that is slower than normal at that time of year and you do have options available to you.
          it's that time again, let's get #28 gentleman....for the boss

Comment

Great! thanks again!

When you say slow is it like only some clubs get crowded in January (maybe none get really crowded) or is there still enough going on on weekends?

Comment

Great! thanks again!

When you say slow is it like only some clubs get crowded in January (maybe none get really crowded) or is there still enough going on on weekends?
              its slower than normal, but it will still be good! I kinda like it better cause youll still have a great time with less hassle.....weeknds will be great cause you will have the Cali schleps driving in...basically the places will be 2/3 full instead of double the capacity
              it's that time again, let's get #28 gentleman....for the boss

Comment

If you don't want to book bottle service, another way is to queue up very early. But make sure you talk to a group of girls to walk in together with you.

Comment

Thank you so much to all of you. I'll keep on reading the forums and I'm sure as the date will be nearer I'll come up with some more questions!

If anyone thinks some extra advices are missing, please post!

Comment

I think everyone has covered what you need to do.... any ideas what you plan on doing on what nights?

Comment

Hi,

I've been reading the forum for the past few days and first of all thanks for all the useful info. It's really being helpful.

So here's the story: we're 5 guys from Europe (some living in France and myself in Norway) planning a trip to Vegas on January 20th. What I've been reading here has scared me a little bit because we're a bit on the difficult side by being 5 guys. We want of course to party in some of the mentioned clubs (Tao, XS, Pure, etc.) and if I understood it right, there's basically 3 way to get in without standing for 3 hours in line:

aww ur going the week of my birthday... i hope u have a great time..

Comment

We'll try to go to Tao on Thursday as everyone seems to be recommending. Friday, Saturday and Sunday are still open. We still have about 3 months to gather info and plan...
                        I read somewhere that Body English should be closing down after new year's eve... Is that true or only a rumor?

Comment

Hit up TAO for Sure! My Bday is the 14th a Thursday and TAO is where I will be!
                          Cheers\_/*\_/Chappÿ

Comment

So here we are, a week before our arrival to Vegas... I've been reading the forum and site for the past months and we've come up with the following plan for the 5 nights...

Wed: Lavo... We'll take it easy the first night, after our 16 hour trip, considering it'll be early morning European time for us. If we really are in the party mood we'll try Eve...

Thu: Tryst

Fri: Jet

Sat: TBD... This is the difficult one. We can't go wrong on Saturday. So XS, Tryst, Haze, Pure... We don't know! Any advice will be helpful

Sun: The Bank

Also for Saturday we're considering BS... Since we're quite undecided yet, is it possible to contact hosts on Thursday for example or is that too late to book a table?

Comment

you can get a table the same night.
                              Blackout Artist
                              [email protected]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X