An Idea for JCFORUMS 3.1 - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

An Idea for JCFORUMS 3.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Idea for JCFORUMS 3.1

I was listening to a podcast called This Week In Tech with Leo Laporte and came across this link on the site http://army.twit.tv/ now I am pretty sure that this would be a great solution for when all you crazy party animal forum members are in Vegas. Its called MicroBlogging and you can send messages from your phone and keep others updated with your travels. I am also a big fan of the background TWIT ARMY.....ARMY OF DRINKERS... When I get back I will definitly look into implementing this some how. If anyone reading this has the skills and time to make this happen let me know. Think http://AOD.JACKCOLTON.COM
    Cheers\_/*\_/Chappÿ

I have no pc skills or else I'd be down! Sorry bro!

Comment

Wutup chap!!!! Just wanted to give you a shout out my dude.
      Nassau Supersonic

Comment

sounds cool, but Im definitely not the man to set it up
        Blackout Artist
        [email protected]

Comment

huh??????????
          it's that time again, let's get #28 gentleman....for the boss

Comment

That's be cool and way easier too.
            Jack Colton's AOD Invasion May 2010 = Success!!!
            Jack Colton's AOD Invasion May 2011 = Success!!!
            Jack Colton's AOD Invasion May 2012 = TBD
            Facebook Twitter
            Originally posted by Moezilla
            Bring on the man meat!!!!
            Originally posted by Matt
            I'd rather just pay for drinks, than have to resort to Gary's ass-vodka.

Comment

It looks like a twitter feed that everyone can access. It's just hosted at their site instead of twitter, or they just set up a redirect subdomain. If you can get the source or figure out what they are using and have compiler access on the JC server shouldn't be a problem. Not sure what platform it's running on. Adding a subdomain to redirect to an actual twitter feed would be even easier. I'll look into it more later when i'm not eating lunch.

(Yes, btw, i'm a closet computer nerd or used to be anyway)

Comment

Haha, my nerd skills have slowly dwindled over the years...

If anyone wants to email me instructions, I'm more than happy to setup whatever!
                We are happy to assist you with any questions you may have! Contact us at [email protected]

Comment

I guess all of us cool peeps, need nerds like you every once in awhile.
                  Blackout Artist
                  [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by dnix View Post
                    I guess all of us cool peeps, need nerds like you every once in awhile.
                    I feel the love. Good burn. I'm at least KIND OF cool.

Yeah Jack, i'm in the same boat. I still know some stuff, but nothing compared to when I was younger. When I get more free time to delve into this i'll shoot you an e-mail.

Comment

They use laconica, it's open source (meaning you can use it for free). You just have to install it on the server, probably create a subdomain for it (i.e. aod.jackcolton.com) and point the config file at that domain. There would be some other configuration obviously as well. This software actually seems pretty up and coming for business communications. It allows you to have your own twitter, push RSS feeds, etc. Pretty neat stuff.

I just do not know what OS the server here is running and if you have compiler access. If not, then we won't be having the JC live update twitter feed anytime soon. That, and it would take forever to email back and forth how to install/configure and then troubleshoot until it's all correct. If setup correctly though again, would be very cool. Great catch Chapp.

Comment

Originally posted by tschwicht View Post
                        They use laconica, it's open source (meaning you can use it for free). You just have to install it on the server, probably create a subdomain for it (i.e. aod.jackcolton.com) and point the config file at that domain. There would be some other configuration obviously as well. This software actually seems pretty up and coming for business communications. It allows you to have your own twitter, push RSS feeds, etc. Pretty neat stuff.

I just do not know what OS the server here is running and if you have compiler access. If not, then we won't be having the JC live update twitter feed anytime soon. That, and it would take forever to email back and forth how to install/configure and then troubleshoot until it's all correct. If setup correctly though again, would be very cool. Great catch Chapp.

huh?????????
                        it's that time again, let's get #28 gentleman....for the boss

Comment

Originally posted by nyc2vegas View Post
                          huh?????????
                          That's it. I'm sticking to stories of debauchery and bad decision making from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by tschwicht View Post

So what are you trying to say?!?

Comment

haha, yeah considering it it put together by one of the biggest nerds on the net I figured it would be a bit complex to setup. I must say props on the layout. I will test it out when I get back the internet sucks out here. Haha well explained TSchwicht haha response NYC haha Nassaauuuuu whats up! Baltimore will be my last stop before Vegas!!!
                              Cheers\_/*\_/Chappÿ

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• tonyyarddog2
                                Reply to EDC Weekend (5/16 - 5/19)
                                tonyyarddog2
                                Have a group of 4 looking to get a table at LIV Thurs (5/16) of EDC week (Dom Dolla X John Summit) 2 couples rn?looking for a few more to join to get...
                                05-09-2024, 04:25 PM
                              • Teenagentec
                                Reply to December Trip - Pool Party/Day Club
                                Teenagentec
                                Your December trip sounds like it's going to be a blast! I totally get wanting to make the most of your time in Miami, even if it's not scorching hot...
                                05-09-2024, 07:15 AM
                              • artedm
                                Reply to Memorial Day May 27
                                artedm
                                monday may 27
                                greg lopez - tao beach
                                amiri paul- matquee day
                                dj shift- wet republic
                                murphu kennedy- liquid
                                jt - dayligh...
                                05-09-2024, 06:50 AM
                              Working...