24 hours. 6 ladies. 1 pool...looking for the one - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

24 hours. 6 ladies. 1 pool...looking for the one

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 hours. 6 ladies. 1 pool...looking for the one

Looking for the best pool party on FRIDAY, June 12th.

We had a blast at MDC last time around, Azure was a little too mellow.

What we're into: Great crowd, good music (EDM, mash-up, top 40), mid-size, daybed options but not looking to break the bank. We're in our early 30s and can rock the bikinis like the rest of them but have no hesitation doing cannon balls and starting congo lines to get the party going.

Trying to avoid: Frat boy heavy scene (Rehab) pools the size of hot tubs with an alarming pee to water ratio (Tao), or a super pretentious crowd who have no interest in actually being at a pool party with water.

So....is Ditch Fridays still fun? Or consider Drai's Or repeat MDC?

THANK YOU!

encore beach- have to contact hosts to see what kind of pricing

Comment

Originally posted by artedm View Post
      encore beach- have to contact hosts to see what kind of pricing
      Hmm don't tihnk you'll want EBC that day - RL Grime is playing and he is more trap/hiphop.

The DJ at MDC is Daniel (who I've never heard about). Wet Republic will have the Hot 100, but not sure what music they play on Fridays.

Drai's like you've suggested could be a good idea.
      EastCoast: "I will preach. Vegas is easy. So easy. Either be rich or good looking (or mooch off someone who is one of those). If you are neither, then sit back, let the rich and/or good looking people sort their shit out, and then take their scraps. Booking early is not going to get you ahead of the rich and/or good looking people. Sucks unless you are rich or good looking. But that's what makes Vegas so great. It is completely transparent."

Comment

Cool. We will consider Drai's. I think that's more appealing than Wet Republic.

I tried to look up DANIEL but couldn't find any info.

No Ditch Friday's then?

Originally posted by ocam View Post
        Hmm don't tihnk you'll want EBC that day - RL Grime is playing and he is more trap/hiphop.

The DJ at MDC is Daniel (who I've never heard about). Wet Republic will have the Hot 100, but not sure what music they play on Fridays.

Drai's like you've suggested could be a good idea.

Comment

Without knowing you at all I would suggest you skip the Hot 100 at Wet.

Ditch is on and opens next Friday according to a post on another thread.

I think others on here should be able to tell you how Drais is on a Friday.

Fridays can be hit and miss (at least until late afternoon) so I would get some feedback on Ditch and Drais before selecting one of those.

Comment

Fridays definitely tend to be Hit or Miss. But when EBC is open, you never can never go wrong going there. RL Grime will be fun and EBC should be rocking. Marquee would be 2nd best on Friday and with what you're looking for Drais would be 3rd best. Definitely skip out on Wet as the Hot 100 usually attracts the bro crowd.

Check out their Instagram pages around 4 to get an idea what kinda crowd it was that day.

Comment

Nice! Thanks all for the info. Wish we could all stay through Sat. but gotta make it work for Friday so EBC might be a good option even if RL Grime is more hip-hop. Love Marquee and would probably stay at Cosmo but it's a little steep but will keep Marquee pool on the list and also Drai's. And if anyone has info on Ditch I'm all ears.

Will look at the nightclub thread to see what's good for Thurs night...

Originally posted by ENC012E View Post
              Fridays definitely tend to be Hit or Miss. But when EBC is open, you never can never go wrong going there. RL Grime will be fun and EBC should be rocking. Marquee would be 2nd best on Friday and with what you're looking for Drais would be 3rd best. Definitely skip out on Wet as the Hot 100 usually attracts the bro crowd.

Check out their Instagram pages around 4 to get an idea what kinda crowd it was that day.

Comment

Hi

Similar situation, same interrogations and same criteria for me.
                For now Marquee is definitely my preferred option.
                About the DJ playing that day at MDC, “Daniel”, he is known as DJ D4N13L (I saw that on the flyer) and you can find some infos on google. He seems to be Swedish but spending most of his time in the US, playing at Hyde, Life, XS. Definitely House/EDM.
                10F38846-031B-F2B0-D1C5770B1262221F.jpg

I do not consider EBC as I heard a RL grime set and cannot imagine have fun with that music. I am waiting for Drais and Foxtail line ups though.

On Thursday (June 11th) I will skip EBC at night (Grandtheft should be trap music) and Omnia (terrace only on Thursdays). It will be between Hakkasan (dj W&W, classic EDM), Tryst and Drais (waiting for the line up).
                Last edited by anthony_s; 05-04-2015, 07:09 AM.

Comment

More line up have been published

For Friday June 11th, I don't know what to choose between:
                  DJ D4N13L at Marquee Day Club vs Dannic and Jack Novak at Drais Beach club

Dannic is a much bigger name, but Marquee seems to be the safest bet on a Friday.

Any other opinions ?

Comment

Sounds like you ladies will have a blast wherever you end up. My group arrives on June 12.
                    I would say, get some rates on your top 3 spots and go with the one in your budget best because you will get the party rockin.
                    twitter: @HNIC_Shoe
                    IG: hnic_shoe

Hip Hop Head

I have stayed at: Mandalay Bay, Aria, Flamingo, Excalibur, Hooters, PH Towers / Elara, Monte Carlo, Venetian, Luxor, LV Hilton, Rio, Mirage, MGM, Hard Rock Hotel, Planet Hollywood, Stratosphere, Tuscany, Tropicana, and rented a 6BR house. I think thats all.

Next trip:

Vegas - June 11 - 16

Comment

RL Grime is trap, which is essentially EDM hip hop. He puts on a hell of a party, grab one of his live set recordings on Soundcloud or something and see if its your vibe. That will probably be the best atmosphere that day.

Behind that, I'd probably go Dannic over this Daniel guy, but I have no basis for that, just gut feeling.
                      Next Trip: October 28-31, 2016

Comment

Thanks for the insight...yeah I think Drai's will be our #1 then maybe EBC and MDC.

Although if we can do a hostile takeover of the DJ booth at the Linq hotel pool and start a dance party...maybe we'll just stay there. Kidding, sorta. Any takers to pre-party there, lemme know.

Originally posted by chrisbru View Post
                        RL Grime is trap, which is essentially EDM hip hop. He puts on a hell of a party, grab one of his live set recordings on Soundcloud or something and see if its your vibe. That will probably be the best atmosphere that day.

Behind that, I'd probably go Dannic over this Daniel guy, but I have no basis for that, just gut feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by musiknonstop View Post
                          Thanks for the insight...yeah I think Drai's will be our #1 then maybe EBC and MDC.

Although if we can do a hostile takeover of the DJ booth at the Linq hotel pool and start a dance party...maybe we'll just stay there. Kidding, sorta. Any takers to pre-party there, lemme know.
                          We are staying at Harrah's or the Linq. We haven't nailed down the details yet, either way we are mid strip.

Comment

Personally Dannic would be my first option as I focus more on the dj than the location.

Devil's advocate, though a smaller venue, I have had a solid time at Liquid on Friday.
                            Happily sponsoring the Las Vegas economy since July 1996

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X