How does a split work? - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

How does a split work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does a split work?

Going to be a newbie at a pool party in the coming weeks and considering whether we should split with another group. So the newbie question, how does splitting end up working? Two groups ordering drinks, food, drinks and more drinks, minimums may go over, people lose track of what they owe, etc. Ultimately I'm sure one person is responsible for it all in the end. Is it all just trust, or is there a system?

1. get money UPFRONT !!
    2. get money UPFRONT !!
    3. tell waitress only one person can order
    4. you can also close check

Comment

^ all of this. Collect everyone's share of the min upfront. One person takes lead and orders for everyone. Close the tab the minute you get there. If people want to go over, they come out of pocket for it.
      Vegas trips

Too many to list

Next Trips
      mAyOD 5/16-5/22
      Late Summer July-August

Comment

Use common sense and the recommendations above and you'll be fine. If everyone has mutual respect for one another then shouldn't have a problem.
        2011: Palazzo | Tao | Moon

2014: Venetian | Tao | Hak | EBC | XS

2015: Cromwell | Drai's | Palazzo | Tryst | XS | Omnia | Nightswim

Comment

If you're worried - it's usually easier if you do bottles, i.e. 2 bottle min - each group pays half and gets a bottle.
          EastCoast: "I will preach. Vegas is easy. So easy. Either be rich or good looking (or mooch off someone who is one of those). If you are neither, then sit back, let the rich and/or good looking people sort their shit out, and then take their scraps. Booking early is not going to get you ahead of the rich and/or good looking people. Sucks unless you are rich or good looking. But that's what makes Vegas so great. It is completely transparent."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X