5 non-club guys looking for a pool party - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

5 non-club guys looking for a pool party

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 non-club guys looking for a pool party

Going to be running a bachelor party in late May. 5 guys, all mid-30s, none of which really go to clubs. We all agree though that we want to see the best of Vegas, and one of those things is the pool parties.

We're looking for a party with energy, but we don't need it to be a crammed mega pool party. We want good music, but we don't necessarily care about big name DJs. We're 5 guys in a bachelor party, but we don't want to be surrounded by nothing but other bachelor parties

Any suggestions for a pool party on a Saturday? Tao Beach looks interesting, but people on the forum seem to suggest its a Tier 2 or Tier 3 party. Was considering Liquid, Marquee or Drai's since they're close by. Hoping to get a daybed/cabana for $1k-2k range.

Last question, is a cabana too much for 5 guys? Some seem to book them for 10-12 people, but they never look big in the pictures.

Thanks!

You left off EBC which is the generally preferred venue. Really I'd look at photos and video of it, it's just on a different level than the competition.

Tao Beach is a budget location these days with a really variable crowd that could be a great time or could be somewhat slow. It's an attractive option if you are wanting to save money but still want a cabana, but people disagree on whether or not that's the best strategy to have a good time.

They have 5 person cabs so transportation should be extremely cheap so don't necessarily only look nearby.

Cabanas vary in size and amenities so while the cabana might be small it might also include a daybed in front of it or maybe even a private pool, that's how 12 often fit comfortably.

You won't have a problem with excess space. Space is a valuable commodity, and the single guys will appreciate the girls it attracts.

Comment

Agreed on Tao Beach. I've had a great time there, and I've had just an OK time there; it's kind of hit or miss.

You only have 5 guys so you don't need a huge cabana. Contact hosts at Wet, Marquee, Liquid, Drais, Tao and definitely EBC and see what you can get for $1-2k. That budget seems like enough, even at EBC, to get something that will accommodate 5 of you. Personally I think you'll have more fun at a smaller bed/table at one of the top parties than at a cabana at one of the less exciting pools. After all, it sounds like you want the full Vegas pool party experience, not to kick back and watch sports on the TV in your cabana.
      Last 4 and Next 1:

February 2014 │ Bellagio │ Lavo Party Brunch │ Light
      August 2014 │ Cosmopolitan │ Marquee Dayclub │ Drai's Beach Club │ Light │ Rehab
      Halloween 2014 │ Cosmopolitan │ GBDC │ XS
      January 2015 │ Cosmopolitan │ Marquee │ Tryst │ XS
      Next trip: July 2015 │ Bellagio │ Cosmopolitan │ EBC │ Omnia │ Marquee Dayclub │ Nightswim

Comment

Your crew will be into pool parties and night clubs after this trip. I guaranty it.

Comment

you should be able to get a lily pad or daybed at ebc for that min.

What dates are you going?
          2011: Palazzo | Tao | Moon

2014: Venetian | Tao | Hak | EBC | XS

2015: Cromwell | Drai's | Palazzo | Tryst | XS | Omnia | Nightswim

Comment

Adding to what everyone else here has said - try a big name pool party like EBC, Marquee or WET.

While you might not be into the headline DJ, they attract a big crowd and you will experience what a busy pool party is like.

At EBC, I would recommend a beach couch for your group (provided it is one of the ones close to the pool). Lilypads are in the water and i'm not sure whether your group would like being in the thick of the action and potentially being splashed.

You'd probably be looking at a minimum of $1500-2000, so will need to factor taxes and tips on top of that.
            EastCoast: "I will preach. Vegas is easy. So easy. Either be rich or good looking (or mooch off someone who is one of those). If you are neither, then sit back, let the rich and/or good looking people sort their shit out, and then take their scraps. Booking early is not going to get you ahead of the rich and/or good looking people. Sucks unless you are rich or good looking. But that's what makes Vegas so great. It is completely transparent."

Comment

Originally posted by ryan850 View Post
              you should be able to get a lily pad or daybed at ebc for that min.

What dates are you going?
              Going May 29-31, with the pool party likely on the 30th. We'd probably need a day bed minimum as we'll probably want to be getting some food for the $$ we're spending, and as I understand it, lily pads don't allow food orders to be part of the minimum.

I had a friend who went to Tao and said it was a blast because of the intimate atmosphere. Any way to know whether or not its going to be a good day, or is it just luck of the draw?

I've been to Surrender on a big night during a conference. Sure it was huge, but I almost feel like an intimate party which is really hopping would be a better time. Sounds like enough people are pumping up EBC that I should at least include it in the list.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane View Post
                Agreed on Tao Beach. I've had a great time there, and I've had just an OK time there; it's kind of hit or miss.

You only have 5 guys so you don't need a huge cabana. Contact hosts at Wet, Marquee, Liquid, Drais, Tao and definitely EBC and see what you can get for $1-2k. That budget seems like enough, even at EBC, to get something that will accommodate 5 of you. Personally I think you'll have more fun at a smaller bed/table at one of the top parties than at a cabana at one of the less exciting pools. After all, it sounds like you want the full Vegas pool party experience, not to kick back and watch sports on the TV in your cabana.
                Thanks for the info. Any place I can get contact info for those hosts? Seems like these forums have removed host contacts for specific clubs.

Thanks

Comment

For Drais you can get an idea about pricing by going to their website and then negotiate with their host. I've read on here the deals are better when you contact them directly.

http://www.draisbeachclub.com/book-table/

May also just want to hit up Noah here on JC and he can get you in contact with the right people:

Noah Ortiz (NoahRam)
                  [email protected]
                  1-323-919-6529

Hope this helps.
                  Happily sponsoring the Las Vegas economy since July 1996

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X