Best hotel pool?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best hotel pool?

In your opinion, what is the best hotel pools in Vegas (ones you get into for free while staying at the hotel)?

My friend asked for a recommendation for him and his girlfriend over 4th of July weekend. They aren't interested in music (pool parties with paid admission), just looking to relax and lounge by the pool for a few hours each day in the morning before it gets too hot.
    Vegas Trip count: 32

Wynn/Encore
    Cosmo
    Caesers
    Venetian/Palazzo
    MGM
    Mirage
    Mandalay Bay

Comment

Based solely on the pool, Hard Rock.
      Vegas trips

Too many to list

Next Trips
      mAyOD 5/16-5/22
      Late Summer July-August

Comment

1. MGM Grand (variety, size)

2. Wynn/Encore (variety, elegance)

3. Cosmopolitan (atmosphere, special events)

4. Mandalay Bay (variety)

Comment

IMHO

1- MGM
          2- Aria
          3-Hard Rock
          4- My sleeper...Monte Carlo
          Happily sponsoring the Las Vegas economy since July 1996

Comment

Originally posted by maxutilsperusd View Post
            1. MGM Grand (variety, size)

2. Wynn/Encore (variety, elegance)

3. Cosmopolitan (atmosphere, special events)

4. Mandalay Bay (variety)

when you say the Cosmo has good atmosphere, what exactly do you mean? as in a young crowd with DJs and lively pool bar etc?

thats what we are looking for because we arent necessarily planning a pool party every day, so would like a lively pool for chill days!

Comment

European Pool at the Wynn

Comment

All 4 of those hotels will have a young, lively crowd at one of their pools. I specifically listed Cosmopolitan for atmosphere because it's decor and views are better than MGM Grand or Mandalay Bay, yet it's different from the elegance that Wynn/Encore are going for.

Really you can't go wrong with any of those 4, he'll have a great time at their pools, and those properties have a lot going on with regard to their party pools, clubs, and restaurants. Also since you friend is going as an even ratio couple he'd be able to guest list at some of the pool parties for free or reduced entry so he shouldn't necessarily rule those out.

Comment

Anyone ever do a cabana at the MGM pool?

Comment

I have done a cabana at MGM regular pool

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoast View Post
                      I have done a cabana at MGM regular pool
                      How was it?

Comment

Originally posted by beerfish View Post
                        How was it?

Is this for your buddy and his girlfriend?

The MGM pool complex is massive. There are cabanas scattered around the complex. The cabanas with the best socializing location are on the lazy river. The cabanas at the other pools can be quieter.

The cabanas come with the food and beverage minimum.

It really depends on what your buddy wants out of the cabana.

Comment

I was just wondering what kind of party atmosphere those cabanas had. Sounds like it may be fun to swing by the lazy river after Wet.

Comment

Originally posted by beerfish View Post
                            I was just wondering what kind of party atmosphere those cabanas had. Sounds like it may be fun to swing by the lazy river after Wet.
                            MGM is so big that it has all types of people. There will be plenty of people ranging from 18-50 partying (most in the lazy river). There will also be families/kids in the lazy river and pools. But that's MGM. If you are looking for the social scene definitely get a cabana on the lazy river.

Comment

If the recommendation is for a hotel pool for a few hours to relax in the morning, as OP said, I'll also add the pool complex at Venetian/Palazzo to the mix. Not a very lively scene, but a pretty relaxing pool deck. Really, any decent hotel will have a pool that's good enough for OP's purpose. Dragging yourself up or down the strip to a different pool just so you can recharge a little bit seems like it would defeat the purpose.
                              Last 4 and Next 1:

February 2014 │ Bellagio │ Lavo Party Brunch │ Light
                              August 2014 │ Cosmopolitan │ Marquee Dayclub │ Drai's Beach Club │ Light │ Rehab
                              Halloween 2014 │ Cosmopolitan │ GBDC │ XS
                              January 2015 │ Cosmopolitan │ Marquee │ Tryst │ XS
                              Next trip: July 2015 │ Bellagio │ Cosmopolitan │ EBC │ Omnia │ Marquee Dayclub │ Nightswim

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X