This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does rehab suck?

6/14/14 crystal Hefner and bikini invitational at rehab.

6 guys going to pool party this Saturday. Rehab or Drais? What are the differences? Upper 20s.

Haven't seen much about rehab lately so wondering if it's still good? Never been to pool party.

Thanks for any input. This forum has always been helpful.
    Cosmo
    3/08 - Haze, Bank, Pure, Drais
    3/09 - Palms or Marquee
    3/10 - GBDC, 311 Day @ MGM
    3/11 - 311 Day @ MGM
    3/12 - sleep

Originally posted by smstech View Post
    6 guys going to pool party this Saturday. Rehab or Drais? What are the differences? Upper 20s.

Never been to pool party.
    you gotta take everything said here with a grain of salt.
    I loved Rehab back in the day - krazy! But the ratio got old, the dirty water got old...the reality show brought out the riff raff.
    Discovered Encore Beach Club to replace my Sunday fix and never looked back, no more dirty water, ratio perfect.
    But you've got other issues...its a Saturday - and I'm biased towards Wet Republic on any given Saturday.
    And you have a special event (bikini contest) that may mean you might have a great time.
    And then just to make life hard - you have the new shiny kid on the block -Drais!
    I say hedge your bets, hit more than one pool party like the rest of us...schedule one on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and you win!...So Drais on Friday, Rehab on Saturday, EBC or Wet on Sunday!

And I'm a dog with Internet access, so I can never really get into any Day parties anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by smstech View Post
      6/14/14 crystal Hefner and bikini invitational at rehab.

Haven't seen much about rehab lately so wondering if it's still good? Never been to pool party.

Thanks for any input. This forum has always been helpful.
      I was at a poolside cabana for a Rehab Saturday this season and it was fun but not overwhelming. I'd check out Drai's or EBC. Trust me.
      Been to Vegas too many times to count, partied in too many pools and clubs to track, but when you live so close, why wouldn't you?

Comment

I stayed at HRH 4/24/14 to the 27th and the whole pool area was nothing like it used to be and they had one of the guys from Black Eyed Peas dj'ing on that Saturday not named Will I. AM. My other concern is with it being a bikini invitational the actual guy vs girl ratio? Sausage fest?
        Happily sponsoring the Las Vegas economy since July 1996

Comment

I've been to Encore Beach and Rehab. Encore Beach is most definitely better.

Comment

Dont go near Rehab. Its good compared to a pool party anywhere else. In Vegas? Worst by a million miles.

I see no reason why anyone would choose to go there apart from simply not knowing anywhere else had pool parties.

You could go there as a yard stick I guess, and then realise how much better everywhere else is!?!

Comment

I generally am not one for excluding a place, but have to agree with the general sentiment, no real reason to go to rehab given the many options for pool parties available in Vegas...
              "If you have to ask you probably can't do it"

Tropicana 2007 Don't Judge me I was a Newbie
              Palms 2009
              MGM 2009
              Caesars 2011
              Sky Lofts 2011
              Palms Place 2012
              Planet Hollywood 2012
              Hard Rock 2012
              Palms Place 2014 April 23rd- May 3rd

Comment

+1 on everything said here.

Go to EBC on Sunday, you'll never look back.

Comment

Wow the amount of anti rehab sentiment is scaring me!!! I have a daybed reserved for mdc on Friday and rehab on Saturday, hearing all of this doom and gloom has me worried that I will find rehab to be a buzzkill on Saturday. What exactly is bad, the crowd? The talent? 2 years ago I went to wet on a Friday and rehab on a Saturday and I thought rehab was a great time, far better than wet.

Comment

Signing in for EBC. Only Vegas pool party I've been to, so nothing to compare it to, but it was the best day of my life.
                    Previous trip: June 30 - July 7, 2011. Stayed at the Palazzo & PH Towers.
                    Returning: Oct 31 - Nov 2, 2014.

twitter.com/joachimorjoe

Music (Drum and Bass): soundcloud.com/joachimorjoe

Comment

The board is so brutal on Rehab! lol I've been to all of the tier 1s except EBC so I don't have a comparison between those 2. I had a Grand Cabana at MDC so that kind of skews my opinion a little but Rehab was up there. Rehab's a little more raucous but it was fun. The talent level was fine that day but this was last year. Maybe there's been some deterioration. I'm in the same dilemma as you because I'm deciding between EBC and Rehab for the Sunday of my trip. I have some in my group that have never been to Rehab but then one of my guys is a Wynn super deluxe VIP so the EBC connection might be a go. It might end up being who gives us the best table option. Good luck. Maybe you should ask one of the neutral hosts or a Vegas VIP for your answer.
                      CAN'T WAIT!

Comment

I always go to rehab on sundays when in vegas. It's always been a good time to me. Of course I'll do Wet, EBC, Daylight, MDC…but I still always do Rehab as well. I've always found the ratio to be favorable and I've always had a good time in the "dirty" water with a sand bottom.

Comment

Too much hand wringing on the issue. If you have been to rehab and found it enjoyable for you, why change go with what works, worse thing that happens is that it's not the greatest day of your life. I have yet to go to ANY Vegas pool party wasn't at least a passably good time.
                          "If you have to ask you probably can't do it"

Tropicana 2007 Don't Judge me I was a Newbie
                          Palms 2009
                          MGM 2009
                          Caesars 2011
                          Sky Lofts 2011
                          Palms Place 2012
                          Planet Hollywood 2012
                          Hard Rock 2012
                          Palms Place 2014 April 23rd- May 3rd

Comment

Damn rehab used to be fun years ago. I don't know what it's like now, but that place had a big hand in transforming Vegas party life.
                            Everyone used to come to Vegas for Friday and Saturday, then to home on Sunday. Rehab made people stay for one more day.
                            Before rehab, Vegas hotels just had pools. And they were usually pretty fun.
                            Rehab brought in big name acts.
                            Anyone remember the helicopter flyover that dropped rubber balls into the pool? That was crazy.

Hard Rock used to be THE place to party. It's too bad it's fallen on such hard times. I wish it could find a way to relocate to the Strip.

Comment

I honestly think part of the problem is the lineups. You look at EBC, Wet and MDC and almost any weekend they consistently feature artists at the top of their game, huge in the industry, and have won multiple awards. You would never see an artist like DJ Crystal Hefner at any of those 3 venues I just listed.

I know Rehab is slanted more toward a hip-hop crowd, which is fine, but in order to compete with the above you need to consistently be bringing in the level of talent in that perceived group for their industry (like Jay-Z, Kanye, Kendrick Lamar, etc) or make upgrades to the venue. I think the same thing is probably happening to Ditch Friday at the Palms, though they seem to still be able to bring in big talent still every now and again.

Wet Republic has upgraded twice now I believe, Drais is brand new and Daylight has a soundstage that rivals something out of a music festival in Ibiza. In order to stay the best, you have to be at the level of the competition, which is where Rehab is getting killed.

I don't think it's location because EBC is located slightly off strip as well. Gotta have the artists, the venue, or both.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X