Advice on Tables at ECB for Will.I.Am 4-27-2013 - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Advice on Tables at ECB for Will.I.Am 4-27-2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on Tables at ECB for Will.I.Am 4-27-2013

Coming in town with a group of guys end of April. Very familiar with Vegas - been to all the venues and know how the host connection works so not looking for advice there but having a problem deciding where our group of 10 should sit. I know Avicii is playing that day too but EBC is the venue we are about 99.99% certain we are going with.

We are coming in April 27, 2013 for a day with a group of 8+. We have received the following pricing:

2nd Floor Cabana - $3,950 all in
    $2500 minimum + 22% tip + 8.1% tax + 10% LET + host handshake

Beach Couch - $3400 all in
    $2000 minimum + 22% tip + 8.1% tax + 10% LET + host handshake

Personally, in the past, I like the Lilly pads or water couches because I feel like you are in the action more. About half of group really wants the second floor cabanas but only one has actually ever been in the venue period. Given Will.I.Am is playing I expect it to be packed (though perhaps not as packed as Avicii) so I'm curious if being on a lilly pad would feel cramped and uncomfortable. To me, the second floor cabanas are the farthest away from all of the action and I don't necessarily see all the value. Perhaps I am wrong.

Can anybody speak to what they think is the "best" spot for my given options or something I'm not considering (with the exception of first floor cabanas/bungalows).

Thanks!
    Last edited by jtl3567; 04-03-2013, 08:28 AM. Reason: spelling

You'll be able to get more for your money than normal on that day because Avicii is at MDC and Calvin Harris is at Wet Republic.

Can't speak to best location, but you can negotiate a little bit based on the above info.
    Vegas Trips to-date:
    November 12-13, 2008 - Palms Standard
    March 18-22, 2009 - MGM Grand Bungalow Suite
    April 22-26, 2010 - MGM Grand Bungalow Suite
    June 2-6, 2011 - Venetian Bella Suite
    June 21-26, 2012 - Cosmopolitan Wraparound Terrace Suite

"Gambling - the sure way of getting nothing for something."

Comment

Brett - not sure what you mean. The prices I listed as set across the board no matter who you talk to.

Comment

I'd say you are probably correct, I've only enjoyed the cabanas there when I had a diverse crew that just wanted to party together versus make new friends, meet girls, etc..
        Isaac Kaz Curry
        Sr. VIP Marketing Hakkasan Group
        Jewel/Liquid/Hakkasan/Omnia/Wet Republic/1Oak/Bank
        Facebook: kaztheaviator

Comment

JTL
          Brett is saying Avicii @ MDC and Calvin Harris @ Wet Republic are crowd draws so you should be getting a deal at EBC

Comment

2nd floor cabana - closer to the middle the better

beach couch - there looks like there is a beach couch JUST outside the entry. Never had that one but it could be good with a lot of foot traffic - anyone care to comment?
            Also never had the ones just outside the gaming pavillion, but in the middle of the pool look ok. You should have good traffic and it faces the DJ.
            I have however had a beach couch at the end of the far right hand pool, right next to one of the stripper pole/showers. I liked it because the girls got crazy dancing in the shower, but wouldn't mind trying one of the options above next time.

Here's a map FYI http://www.encorebeachclub.com/tableviews/#
            EastCoast: "I will preach. Vegas is easy. So easy. Either be rich or good looking (or mooch off someone who is one of those). If you are neither, then sit back, let the rich and/or good looking people sort their shit out, and then take their scraps. Booking early is not going to get you ahead of the rich and/or good looking people. Sucks unless you are rich or good looking. But that's what makes Vegas so great. It is completely transparent."

Comment

Hope you booked already. I will be with a large group that day and the lates prices we received for cabanas were $8000.00 plus tip for first floor and $5000.00 plus tip for second floor. first floor bungalow with plunge pool tops 25k. ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by Biff99 View Post
                Hope you booked already. I will be with a large group that day and the lates prices we received for cabanas were $8000.00 plus tip for first floor and $5000.00 plus tip for second floor. first floor bungalow with plunge pool tops 25k. ridiculous
                For Will.I.am?! Really? Smh.
                Vegas trips

Too many to list

Next Trips
                mAyOD 5/16-5/22
                Late Summer July-August

Comment

Prices went up almost day to day - we ended up going with a Daybed. In the end, I actually like the location better (being in all the action) but prices for 2nd floor cabanas (and everything else really) just went insane.

Comment

Our first quote before the DJ lineup was announced was 5k for lower level bungalow. We locked in a few weeks ago for $7500.00 plus tip and taxes (about 9600.00 all in), now theyre asking for the 25k. Ouch...

Comment

No way in hell would I drop that for Will.i.am, ever. Honestly, step down a level on the cabana or take your business elsewhere.
                      Vegas trips

Too many to list

Next Trips
                      mAyOD 5/16-5/22
                      Late Summer July-August

Comment

Originally posted by jtl3567 View Post
                        Brett - not sure what you mean. The prices I listed as set across the board no matter who you talk to.
                        Not true... contact a host that day or night before, they will now if sheets look thin or not and you may be able to pull something off... They may stick to their guns now, but when the big money hits the other pools and resos not huge, you may have some pull. If you get a better deal TIP WELL!!!!
                        Last edited by kazflair; 04-14-2013, 12:20 PM.
                        Isaac Kaz Curry

Comment

This is Bull... you're nuts if you do this, sorry chief... Had to comment...
                          Isaac Kaz Curry

Comment

Originally posted by kazflair View Post
                            This is Bull... you're nuts if you do this, sorry chief... Had to comment...
                            Prices do seem really high but not sure I totally agree - marquee is small as hell and will be jammed up. I love MDC but don't feel like getting bumped all over the place in my daybed (if you can't afford cabana/bungalow) with the 4839 dudes getting crammed in there.

Comment

Since they are booking a Cabana at EBC, getting a GC or cabana at MDC isn't an issue.
                              Vegas trips

Too many to list

Next Trips
                              mAyOD 5/16-5/22
                              Late Summer July-August

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X