Lost with hotels - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Lost with hotels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • drozzy
    started a topic Lost with hotels

    Lost with hotels

    I'm planning a trip with 4-5 guys in March 2015, and I'm a bit lost as to what hotel to book. It's a bachelor trip, there for 6 nights (19th to 25th) and so far I have 2x City Rooms booked at a fairly expensive rate, for a "base" room. I booked these after cancelling 2x Hollywood hip rooms at PH because I heard that Cosmo is "the place to be", but I'm thinking if I could get something a little more for my money besides a basic room? Any ideas?

  • mmmathew84
    replied
    I recommend keeping it simple and not fretting over which room to book. As a travel junkie, I spend wayyyyy too much time trying to find the perfect room / location / rate. After 8 or so trips to Vegas, i just book the cheapest I can find on the strip. My criteria: immediately on the strip, somewhere north of Excalubur and Tropicana, and south of Treasure Island. Big fan of just low ball bidding on Priceline.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr.Vegas
    replied
    Depends on the budget that you have with your buddies. My personal preference for the modern amenities that you are looking for would be Aria and/or Cosmo. Aria, if you want the casino floor as well. During the nights, most of the younger crowd will start flocking to the hotel that houses the club they are going to that night. So you can't really go wrong with a lot of the hotels with big named clubs. For example:

    - Wynn/Encore is further down the strip, but classy modern rooms which has the major clubs like Surrender, XS, Tryst
    - MGM Grand is awesome if you stay at the Sky Suites, but if not, and if you guys are okay with the rooms not being the most updated, Hakk is downstairs and is one of the top 5 ultra clubs in Vegas for sure
    - Palazzo/Tao is still a great place to stay in my opinion and of course has Tao, which is still a great place, but not a major club like XS, Hakk, and likely Omnia will be

    If you have the money, go get a suite at the Aria or Cosmo. You won't have problems with the girl situation either, haha. Although if you stay at the bungalow to West End Penthouses at Cosmo, you may get a butler that will charge you if you bring your own liquor. Corkage fees can be up to $150 per bottle (or more).

    Hope this helps!

    Leave a comment:


  • Hurricane
    replied
    Originally posted by donniejay View Post
    You're totally right about the City Rooms being overpriced. There's nothing special about the City Rooms. I'd throw down extra for a terrace room just to make the cosmo experience worthwhile if you insist on staying there.
    Totally agree. I love staying at the Cosmo, but it's the terrace/balcony that makes it. A City Room is pretty interchangeable with a room at any other nice hotel on the strip.

    Leave a comment:


  • donniejay
    replied
    You're totally right about the City Rooms being overpriced. There's nothing special about the City Rooms. I'd throw down extra for a terrace room just to make the cosmo experience worthwhile if you insist on staying there.
    Last edited by donniejay; 01-07-2015, 06:17 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • SDaze
    replied
    Im coming on the 19th-22nd for a bachelor party as well, booked 1 and 2bd Suites at Elara, lots of space and solid center strip location. Id recommend it.

    Leave a comment:


  • drozzy
    replied
    just tried some of the suites at PH, and they all seem to be sold out between 19th-25th march... i think ill have to keep digging, see if i can find something better than my current booking at cosmo.

    Leave a comment:


  • Chuck
    replied
    Ya I'm with ccc & Hurricane...PH should do nicely for you. Aria is nicer but I don't think it's the vibe you're looking for. I'd say PH or Mirage.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hurricane
    replied
    I typically stay at the Cosmo on comps, but at full price it's probably not worth it. If you are there with a bachelor party I would definitely look into getting a 2BR suite at PH. They have enough room to kick back before you go out, they come with foosball/ping pong/pool tables, and the location is perfect for heading over to Cosmo or any of the other center strip hotels for a cooler scene.

    Leave a comment:


  • ccc
    replied
    Mirage, PH, Aria all have what you're looking for cheaper than Cosmo. I love the rooms,but the rates at Cosmo these days are just stupid. You can probably get a suite or two at the other hotels for what your shelling out for City rooms.

    Leave a comment:


  • drozzy
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck View Post
    What are you looking for in a room? Central location on strip? Posh? Good room to party in? Just a place to crash? Someplace you think will sound good when you ask a girl back to your room?
    .we're looking for a central strip hotel with "modern" rooms and a good fun, young crowd.

    Leave a comment:


  • kp3205
    replied
    Ahhhh the curse of spring break and the first weekend of the NCAA men's basketball tournament.

    Since you are sharing rooms some other options that I would consider:

    Aria Deluxe Queen Room since it is right next to Cosmo.
    MGM Stay Well Grand Queen
    MGM Executive Queen Suite

    MGM is a solid party location also and you have the monorail that can bring you down the strip.

    I'm not sold on all of the Cosmo hype. I believe Vegas is all about what you make of it. Plus you can save some coin for the base room at these locations where I have stayed in the past.

    Leave a comment:


  • Chuck
    replied
    What are you looking for in a room? Central location on strip? Posh? Good room to party in? Just a place to crash? Someplace you think will sound good when you ask a girl back to your room?

    Leave a comment:


  • mmoreno1015
    replied
    Originally posted by drozzy View Post
    does cosmo have tight security in regards to the "bringing chicks back to the room?
    Someone with a room key would just need to take them up the elevator; it won't work without one. Have you checked the packages at Cosmo? They have one right now for 33% off a three-night stay (I think it can be extended to cover six nights) but I think it's only certain dates and rooms.

    Leave a comment:


  • Erock
    replied
    Elara is my recommendation.

    Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X