VEGAS FULLY REOPENING - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

VEGAS FULLY REOPENING

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VEGAS FULLY REOPENING

Fingers crossed!!!

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/p...une-1-2328298/

https://www.ktnv.com/news/coronaviru...clubs-and-more

Can't wait..... hopefully then this website gets a little busier as well... I miss this site's usefulness, camaraderie, and helpfulness.... Let's get back to it!

Comment

Another update. Sounds like 80 percent capacity and reduced social distancing as of May 1. Fully reopened as soon as 60 percent of Clark Co residents have atleast one dose of the vaccine. Currently they are at 44 percent. National average is closer to 51 percent.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/p...g-2334099/amp/

Comment

I'm going next weekend. Probably should have waited another month as I'm sure the nightlife will still be pretty sad. Guess I will just have to come back again in June.
        Vegas Trip count: 32

Comment

Originally posted by rda1987 View Post
          Another update. Sounds like 80 percent capacity and reduced social distancing as of May 1. Fully reopened as soon as 60 percent of Clark Co residents have atleast one dose of the vaccine. Currently they are at 44 percent. National average is closer to 51 percent.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/p...g-2334099/amp/

when we know for sure can someone post an update. That article states they expect them to reach vaccine % by may 1.

Comment

Here you go. 80% capacity as of Saturday.

https://twitter.com/LasVegasSun/stat...11474964074504

Comment

I will be there this weekend. Can't wait to get back out to the world.

Comment

Vaccine rates in Vegas are currently at 45 percent and moving slowly, so I would not expect a full opening (60 percent requirement) before MDW. Even when things fully reopen, masks will still be in play indefinitely. I would expect full clubs to come back when Resorts World kicks things off with there big DJ headliners in early July. Sounds like the the dance floor/capacity limits in the meantime, will best be skirted with day/night time pool parties. Larger areas and technically they are open air venues, plus there is no set "dance floors" to be closed off, as is still a requirement as of May 1. Hope this offers some more insight for those visiting soon. I will be there for MDW and will let everyone know how things are. Hoping the Palms pool will start upping the ante again, like Stadium Swim has been!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43ow4YlMAsQ

Comment

Wynn just dropped the June calendar. Wish MDW had djs

Comment

Originally posted by sh_ View Post
                    I will be there this weekend. Can't wait to get back out to the world.
                    How was your trip???

Comment

Originally posted by abeezy21 View Post
                      How was your trip???

Also very curious to hear from someone on here and not the trip forums how their experience was this weekend.

Comment

same!

Comment

You asked for it.

Let me start by saying it was great to get out of the house and back to Vegas. I mainly went to play poker and that part was excellent, ended up with 4x the money I started with. I would say overall covid has improved the poker experience aside from having to wear a mask. One less person per table and the plastic dividers can stay forever as far as I'm concerned.

The rest of it was a mixed bag. There were HUGE gaps in how mask policy was enforced and a lot of it made zero common sense. For example at Caesars, if you are sitting alone in a pool chair by yourself in the open air not close to anyone, they would come by and tell you to wear a mask. But if you want in the pool you didn't have to wear a mask and could talk to anyone or do whatever you wanted.

I didn't plan ahead and didn't think I needed to book dinner reservations in advance only to find out all my top choices for Saturday night were booked up. End up going to Nobu which was still great but I really wanted a good steak. Plan ahead next time.

I arrived on Friday night which was the day before the new restrictions took hold so no clubs were open. I took the advice of someone on here and went to the Dorset lounge at Venetian. It wasn't super busy but they didn't enforce any sort of mask policy because once seated since you were "eating". Chatted with a MILFs at the bar but there wasn't anyone dancing or anything like that. I was tired from the flight and there wasn't a ton of prospects so I just headed to bed around 1am.

Saturday came around and I looked for whatever info I could find on what was open. I talked with a host I know and he told me a few clubs that were open but said they would likely be pretty lame going GA because he knew they would enforce the mask and intermingling policies pretty strictly the first night open. I thought about checking out Tao but they were sold out of GA early in the day. Decided to go to Nobu for dinner and play it by ear. At dinner I started a conversation with a middle-age couple at the next table. They were both hilarious, my kind of people. They invited me to go out with them. It was their daughter's 21st birthday celebration, they actually had three daughters over 21 along on the trip...what the hell, gave it a shot.

The daughter turning 21 liked country music so they said to meet at Gillian's at TI. This isn't a place I would have thought of going at all on my own, not even close. I brought along a few guys from Cali I had met earlier in the day. This place was actually lit. Everyone was having a good time and the live music was better than it had any right to be. As soon as you were seated they let you take off the masks. Our group and the birthday group got tables right next to each other and we told the staff we were together so they didn't hassle us at all about intermingling. Turned out to be a really great night. The oldest daughter was supdf cute (they all were) and she flirted with me a bit. I was hoping the parents would turn in early and leave the daughters ....but nope, they outlasted me. Legit drinkers...there were a lot of shots throughout the night. I struggled to bed well after 2am. Overall a solid night by covid standards even if I left empty handed.

Woke up around noon and decided I wanted to go to a pool party after dark. Had my pick between Marquee or XS. Decided to go to Marquee because it was half the price and a few girls I had talked to earlier on Saturday said they were likely going to go there. Turned out to be a very solid pick. I got there around 11 and got right in with no wait. I think I was probably only one of less than 10 people doing GA. The inside experience was a mixed bag. I had read the instructions on the website but once inside it was clear the staff hadn't been briefed. There was a lot of confusion about what GA could and couldn't do, where they could stand, where they could sit, etc. I wondered around aimlessly for a bit. Finally got a drink and just chilled by myself for a bit. The DJ started playing "I Get Around" by 2Pac. Love Pac. Started mouthing the lyrics a bit. One of the bouncers saw I was enjoying the song and introduced himself as Pac biggest fan. It wasn't very busy so we chatted a bit. Helps to make friends with the staff. I asked him where I could put my stuff if I wanted to go in the pool. He said he wasn't sure but would find out. I few minutes later he came back and said he could hook me up with one of the small corner tables because they were sure they wouldn't sell. I wasn't at the table for more than 5 minutes when they girls I had met earlier came strolling in. They were going to their own table they had been promised apparently but made sure to catch their eye as they came by. I got a smile from two of them. Decided to go into the pool. I'm not going to lie, it would have been a lot better if it was warmer (it was 70) but the real draw of the pool was you didn't have to wear a mask and could talk to whomever you wanted. It makes no logical sense but whatever. The two girls that smiled at me (Marcy and Eve) eventually made their way into the pool. It was a great time. We danced as well as one can in the pool water, lots of body contact. Eventually the cold became unbearable and we had to get out. We hung out for the next few hours with their group. Both of them had boyfriends unfortunately (not along) but that didn't stop Marcy from making out with me briefly when we met on the way back from the rest rooms out of the line of sight of her friends. Unfortunately that was all the action for the evening but I feel like it was a solid starting entry back into the real world.

To be continued on my next trip June 29-July 5th. Who's with me?

Comment

You asked for it.

Let me start by saying it was great to get out of the house and back to Vegas. I mainly went to play poker and that part was excellent, ended up with 4x the money I started with. I would say overall covid has improved the poker experience aside from having to wear a mask. One less person per table and the plastic dividers can stay forever as far as I'm concerned.

The rest of it was a mixed bag. There were HUGE gaps in how mask policy was enforced and a lot of it made zero common sense. For example at Caesars, if you are sitting alone in a pool chair by yourself in the open air not close to anyone, they would come by and tell you to wear a mask. But if you want in the pool you didn't have to wear a mask and could talk to anyone or do whatever you wanted.

I didn't plan ahead and didn't think I needed to book dinner reservations in advance only to find out all my top choices for Saturday night were booked up. End up going to Nobu which was still great but I really wanted a good steak. Plan ahead next time.

I arrived on Friday night which was the day before the new restrictions took hold so no clubs were open. I took the advice of someone on here and went to the Dorset lounge at Venetian. It wasn't super busy but they didn't enforce any sort of mask policy because once seated since you were "eating". Chatted with a MILFs at the bar but there wasn't anyone dancing or anything like that. I was tired from the flight and there wasn't a ton of prospects so I just headed to bed around 1am.

Saturday came around and I looked for whatever info I could find on what was open. I talked with a host I know and he told me a few clubs that were open but said they would likely be pretty lame going GA because he knew they would enforce the mask and intermingling policies pretty strictly the first night open. I thought about checking out Tao but they were sold out of GA early in the day. Decided to go to Nobu for dinner and play it by ear. At dinner I started a conversation with a middle-age couple at the next table. They were both hilarious, my kind of people. They invited me to go out with them. It was their daughter's 21st birthday celebration, they actually had three daughters over 21 along on the trip...what the hell, gave it a shot.

The daughter turning 21 liked country music so they said to meet at Gillian's at TI. This isn't a place I would have thought of going at all on my own, not even close. I brought along a few guys from Cali I had met earlier in the day. This place was actually lit. Everyone was having a good time and the live music was better than it had any right to be. As soon as you were seated they let you take off the masks. Our group and the birthday group got tables right next to each other and we told the staff we were together so they didn't hassle us at all about intermingling. Turned out to be a really great night. The oldest daughter was supdf cute (they all were) and she flirted with me a bit. I was hoping the parents would turn in early and leave the daughters ....but nope, they outlasted me. Legit drinkers...there were a lot of shots throughout the night. I struggled to bed well after 2am. Overall a solid night by covid standards even if I left empty handed.

Woke up around noon and decided I wanted to go to a pool party after dark. Had my pick between Marquee or XS. Decided to go to Marquee because it was half the price and a few girls I had talked to earlier on Saturday said they were likely going to go there. Turned out to be a very solid pick. I got there around 11 and got right in with no wait. I think I was probably only one of less than 10 people doing GA. The inside experience was a mixed bag. I had read the instructions on the website but once inside it was clear the staff hadn't been briefed. There was a lot of confusion about what GA could and couldn't do, where they could stand, where they could sit, etc. I wondered around aimlessly for a bit. Finally got a drink and just chilled by myself for a bit. The DJ started playing "I Get Around" by 2Pac. Love Pac. Started mouthing the lyrics a bit. One of the bouncers saw I was enjoying the song and introduced himself as Pac biggest fan. It wasn't very busy so we chatted a bit. Helps to make friends with the staff. I asked him where I could put my stuff if I wanted to go in the pool. He said he wasn't sure but would find out. I few minutes later he came back and said he could hook me up with one of the small corner tables because they were sure they wouldn't sell. I wasn't at the table for more than 5 minutes when they girls I had met earlier came strolling in. They were going to their own table they had been promised apparently but made sure to catch their eye as they came by. I got a smile from two of them. Decided to go into the pool. I'm not going to lie, it would have been a lot better if it was warmer (it was 70) but the real draw of the pool was you didn't have to wear a mask and could talk to whomever you wanted. It makes no logical sense but whatever. The two girls that smiled at me (Marcy and Eve) eventually made their way into the pool. It was a great time. We danced as well as one can in the pool water, lots of body contact. Eventually the cold became unbearable and we had to get out. We hung out for the next few hours with their group. Both of them had boyfriends unfortunately (not along) but that didn't stop Marcy from making out with me briefly when we met on the way back from the rest rooms out of the line of sight of her friends. Unfortunately that was all the action for the evening but I feel like it was a solid starting entry back into the real world.

Man it's been *forever* since I've seen a legit Trip Report. Awesome write up man, classic JC! Thanks for the info also. I'm making the trip MDW. Hoping that things ease up by then. It's one of the guys in my group's first time hitting Vegas, so want to get him as close to the genuine article as possible.
                            Upcoming trip:
                            Mayweather Weekend 2015 (again) Sept 11th - Sept 14th 2015 [Vdara]

Past Trips:
                            Spring Break 2012 (Lv1) March 9th - Mar 13th [Palms]
                            MDW 2015 May 22nd - May 26th 2015 [Flamingo]

Comment

You asked for it.

All good stuff to know. Can't wait to see how the end of June trip contrasts with this. I am booked for first weekend in August, so ready to go!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X