Which Clubs March 4-8, 2013? - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Which Clubs March 4-8, 2013?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Clubs March 4-8, 2013?

Hi,

I have read several posts and reviews but cant quite make up my mind on which clubs to hit up. This will be a quick 4 day trip. I have been to Las Vegas once before for a bachelor party but my friend has never been. This will be her first time, so I want to make sure to avoid some of the boring stuff from my last trip. Or have her miss out on somethings I missed out.

Trip is from Mon March 4th to Fri March 8th

Mon: We arrive mid afternoon, was just going to take it easy and wing the night depending on how things go, nothing big really.

Tue: Going to hit up Pure

Weds: Cant decide which club. Options are LAX, Surrender, Lavo and maybe TheAct

Thur: Hit up Freemont street since last time I only got to spend 1 hour there before my friends wanted to take off and hit up the main vegas strip. This time around I want to spend more time and actually go into places

Fri: fly back home to Canada

My dilemma is on weds. LAX would be nice but on Wed March 5th Warren G is going to be performing there so tickets will be expensive and you cant get them via the website so maybe sold out or a huge lineup to get in. Which clubs would you guys recommend on weds between LAX, Surrender, Lavo and maybe TheAct?

Any recommendations on which places I should hit up on Freemont street? I was just going to walk up and down and hit up places as they catch our eye.

Thanks for any and all help/advice

Tues - 1 OAK
    Wed - The Act
    Thur - Tao

Comment

The Act is definitely worth checking out. I found it to be a little slow until around midnight / 12:30 but it could vary by night. If you get there and really don't like the vibe you can always head over to Lavo.....10 min walk.

I see Pure has a "Most Interesting Woman" event going on that Tues...no idea what to expect there. +1 for 1OAK...solid club.

Comment

Be there the same time by the way. Come on man!!! Can't take it slow on the first night that's when you have max energy. Marquee has to be on the agenda for Monday. 1-Oak tues. My friend wants to check out LAX on Wednesday cause Warren G is performing. It seems to me that 1-Oak is busier club on tuesday then Pure.

Comment

I guess the general consensus on here so far seems to be

Mon Marquee
          Tues 1-Oak
          Yes I know about Pure having their "Most Interesting Woman" event, not sure what it is all about. Could be interesting. Another reason for pure is that its so close, staying at the flamingo hotel.

Weds TheAct

Originally posted by readyforvegas View Post
          Be there the same time by the way. Come on man!!! Can't take it slow on the first night that's when you have max energy. Marquee has to be on the agenda for Monday. 1-Oak tues. My friend wants to check out LAX on Wednesday cause Warren G is performing. It seems to me that 1-Oak is busier club on tuesday then Pure.
          HAHA I wish but not sure if my friend is up to it. I am always up for a good time and an awesome experience. Will see if I can convince her.
          What about XS for monday night? I have heard thats a pretty good place, which would you choose between XS and Marquee Mondays?

I was going to contact the host of the jackcolton.com website to cut down on waiting in line, since there is 2 of us not doing bottle service. If we start with pure and end up liking it in there and text the host of 1-Oak, is that bad manners or will they get pissed off? Or if we end up texting the host at like midnight telling him we are coming?

Same question with respect to TheAct and Lavo.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Iskinder View Post
            What about XS for monday night? I have heard thats a pretty good place, which would you choose between XS and Marquee Mondays?
            Just see if there's a DJ that you prefer at one club over the other...you can't really go wrong with either. Diplo is at XS so it will be slammed, but if you like Diplo then it would be a good place to see him. Pre-sale tix may be your best option for this event. Rebecca and Fiona are at Marquee...don't know much about them.

I was going to contact the host of the jackcolton.com website to cut down on waiting in line, since there is 2 of us not doing bottle service. If we start with pure and end up liking it in there and text the host of 1-Oak, is that bad manners or will they get pissed off? Or if we end up texting the host at like midnight telling him we are coming?

Same question with respect to TheAct and Lavo.

Thanks
            Just be honest with any hosts your work with. If you're not doing BS then I'd assume the hosts will either guest list you or work out other arrangements. No obligation to stay at a club if you're not enjoying it. In the end the hosts are all getting paid to provide a service to the customers. Before texting a host at midnight to ask about getting into a club I'd make contact before that and make sure they are actually working on that specific night.

Comment

FYI - in case you haven't seen this thread re: host contact details.

http://forums.jackcolton.com/showthr...ion-Nightclubs

I've personally dealt with the following and would recommend them:
              Act
              Jason Habel - 702.287.9657

1OAK
              Joey Orr - 586.873.4876

XS
              Ryan Perrings - 505.507.6111

Pure
              Thomas Gorman - 702.340.6498

Sounds like Cliff Orr (Joey's brother) is a great contact for Marquee.
              Cliff Orr - 586.489.4531

Comment

Because of that contest Pure on Tuesday will probably have a lot of Industry, hence be the most lively, but Im a fan of 1Oak too. Wed, The Act.
                Isaac Kaz Curry
                Sr. VIP Marketing Hakkasan Group
                Jewel/Liquid/Hakkasan/Omnia/Wet Republic/1Oak/Bank
                Facebook: kaztheaviator

Comment

This is what I would do..

Monday - Marquee or xS
                  Tuesday - 1OAK
                  Wednesday - Fremont Street
                  Thursday - Tao or Tryst

Weekday trips are fun because all the clubs are super easy to get into and the minimums are significantly lower. I say go to Fremont Street on Wednesday and go out Thursday night..from my personal experience, alot of people fly in on Thursday to get an early start to their weekend.
                  Next trip: ???

Comment

Originally posted by donniejay View Post
                    This is what I would do..

Monday - Marquee or xS
                    Tuesday - 1OAK
                    Wednesday - Fremont Street
                    Thursday - Tao or Tryst

Weekday trips are fun because all the clubs are super easy to get into and the minimums are significantly lower. I say go to Fremont Street on Wednesday and go out Thursday night..from my personal experience, alot of people fly in on Thursday to get an early start to their weekend.
                    I thought about doing what you suggested,

Weds - Freemont
                    Thurs - Club

Only problem is our flight leaves Fri at 7am and partying all night might mean we would miss it. Dont want to chance that so hitting Freemont Thur night for a lower key night sounds quite a bit better.

Thanks everyone for the info/advice. I will be contacting the various hosts and hopefully be able to get a discount on general admission. I am assuming since its 1 guy and 1 girl we shouldnt have too much difficulty in getting in and not messing up the clubs ratio. Is it fair to assume that my friend will pretty much get in free while I have to pay or will we both have to pay?

Comment

you're going during the week on industry nights, it'll be pretty easy to get in anywhere.

and 7am..you can do it..just have the bags packed up the night before and be ready to go, come back from the club, grab your stuffm and leave the hotel around 430am and you're good!

Comment

[QUOTE=donniejay;202591]you're going during the week on industry nights, it'll be pretty easy to get in anywhere.

and 7am..you can do it..just have the bags packed up the night before and be ready to go, come back from the club, grab your stuffm and leave the hotel around 430am and you're good![/QUOT
                        True I done that many times. It will be the quickest flight home you will ever experience in your life cause you will be past out on the plane.

Comment

Alright, you guys talked me into it, going out Monday night to marquee =)

My current itinerary is

Mon - Marquee

Tues - Pure

Weds - Got nothing. Thinking of TheAct or Surrender. What exactly is TheAct? I am not too sure myself. Is it a night club or a show/performance, or a lounge? Any info will be appreciated

Thur - Freemont - Anyone got any recommendation on which places to hit up on Freemont?

Fri morning fly back to Fargo and then drive back to Canada....joy

Thanks

Comment

Nothing much going on out there besides some cheap eats and drinks.

I would do the zipline ride. and of course the lightshow. "retro" Vegas is a good way to put it.

Comment

Weds - Got nothing. Thinking of TheAct or Surrender. What exactly is TheAct? I am not too sure myself. Is it a night club or a show/performance, or a lounge? Any info will be appreciated

Thanks
                              The Act is a little of all of the above...they play "club" music and have a very small dance floor area. They also have tables and $20 drinks, but after about midnight - 12:30 they start having various performances. It's definitely interesting.

If you do the club thing on Mon and Tues night it could be a nice change of pace.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X