Best option for Grand Canyon? - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Best option for Grand Canyon?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best option for Grand Canyon?

My gf and I will be in Vegas the last week of April. I've been 5 times before, but its her first, and neither of us have seen the Grand Canyon before and so its high on our list of things to do

But jeez, 250 miles away! Since when? (...did it move?)

The options are
    1.Bus tour
    2.Helicopter Tour
    3.Plane Tour
    4.Rental Car

#1 seems like a recipe for 10 hours of mind numbing boredom with a bunch of blue haired stiffs during the 5 hour round trip. Why isn't there a "party bus" option for the trip out and back

#2 is ok, but pricy and they only go to the west canyon it seems, and we're limited in how long we spend at the canyon

#3, is ok, but pricey, and can't provide the the same scenic trip and photo options, but at least they go to the south canyon

#4 seems like the best option, but I'm not sure I want to drive for 10 hours in a day, and after the first hour of driving in the desert I figure it will be pretty boring (unless we soak the floormat in ether as per Hunter S.Thompson)

It seems like it'll be #4, but any feedback is welcomed, thx!

I always opt for #5 recover from the night before and save my money and time for bottle service

It's on my list too but I think i wait till I can't club it anymore.
    Confucius say....."7 day honeymoon make hole weak"

Comment

ha- touche'! I figure I've dodged it for 5 trips, and its time to make the detour (before its gone!)

Comment

My girlfriend and I did that trip once. We rented a car but did half and half. Drove out in the evening, got a hotel, got up early and hiked to the bottom and back up in 7 hours, then drove back to Vegas. Not something I recommend unless you are prepared for it. Did a month of the stair master for that and still felt like I was going to die on the way back out.
        Vegas Trip count: 32

Comment

Do it when your 60.............
          http://www.twitter.com/moshpool

Comment

I'm trying to make the same decision for my next trip to town. While plane and helicopter are attractive options, the time at the canyon is very limited and there are often delays for take off and landing.
            Considered driving but no way we'd want to do 10 hours in a rental car.
            There is a bus tour that offers the use of mountain bikes once at the canyon and that sounds like fun. I'll post the link to that once I find it haha

Vegas <3
            2009, October 16-18
            2010, April 9-12
            2010, July 30-August 2
            2010, November 4-7
            2011, April 15-19
            2011, September 15-20
            2012, May 14-22 AoD Invasion!
            2012, November 9-13
            2013, May 30-June 4
            2013, September 6- 9
            2014, January 17 - 20
            2014, March 24 - 27 Nightclub & Bar Show
            2014, August 27 - 30

Comment

I've done this via rental car and it depends on which side of the Grand Canyon you want to see. As I'm guessing you're actually from Greece, I'd suggest the the eastern side and I'd try something other than driving there. I went to the western side and that time (2007), I believe they had just opened up the skywalk.

It's is a feasible drive to get to the western side. If Iremember correctly, it was under 5 hours (granted I was at Pure the night before and I wasn't driving).
              FO SHO.
              Originally posted by redbullvodka
              you're not ditching them, they're ditching you by not going.
              Originally posted by kimball
              You want to be at the club where girls want to be... not where guys get good bottle deals.

Comment

Originally posted by ashroid View Post
                . As I'm guessing you're actually from Greece, I'd suggest the the eastern side and I'd try something other than driving there.
                Actually, I'm Canadian. The "Timon of Athen's" is a reference to a Shakespeare play where the lead character blew his fortune on riotous parties for him and his friends, then got pissed off when they dumped him when he went broke, and then went out into the dessert to die where he stumbled upon a fortune in gold (and was subsequently besieged by new "friends").

Of course, there is no suggested connection to that story, and a forum about Las Vegas!

I think we'll rent a car (convertible mustang) and do a one day drive to the south side. A long day admittedly.

The convertible is essential so I can re-enact my favourite scenes from Johnny Depp's performance in "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas".

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X