What's your pre-pool workout? - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

What's your pre-pool workout?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your pre-pool workout?

I know we have the pre-Vegas GTL thread, but what about once you arrive? I know working out in the morning in Vegas is next to super-human, but for those that do, what's your routine to get a little pump before you hit the pools?

Do you go for a full on gym routine or do pushups and dips in the hotel room?

IF there's a gym i usually try to do only push ups, pullups and dips with some body weight squats.
    Operation Saddle Bags
    Starting Weight - 232lbs. - 1/2/13
    Current Weight - 230lbs - 1/12/13
    Goal Weight - 190lbs - 6/1/13

Comment

1 set of pushups go untill you fail
      Appreciate Vegas
      Next Trip 4/26!

Comment

Reminds me one of my friend's first time in Vegas. His flight arrived on a Thursday morning just before we were headed to a pool party. As we were leaving his room to head to the pool, he dropped and did 10 pushups out of the blue. He was a good 30 pounds overweight, so I have no idea what he thought he was going to accomplish. I still give him hell about it to this day.

Comment

you really don't need a gym to get the pump you need for the pool, but if you have one, I prefer the gym.

anyways, here's what I do...keep in mind that I'm a fool with planning, so the same goes for my "in vegas" workout.

during my Vegas stay, little to no carbs (not counting alcohol)

Since I'm doing pool parties Friday, Saturday, Sunday, that means an upper body workout-shoulders, chest, tri's, traps, heavy and high volume only to flush the muscles with blood....no personal records need be attempted (you never wanna be the ass that pulled a muscle doing squats in Vegas ) and no lower body workouts needed since we're wearing board shorts during the day.

The workouts are done in the early evening, prior to dinner and pre-party and going out....no more than 45 mintues....all you're doing is getting a full pump.

The next day, your muscles are full and pumped...and all that's needed an hour before you head to the pool are a few sets of pushups, and tricep dips using 2 of your hotel room chairs.

After a night of partying and drinking I always hit the gym at about 8am to do 45 minutes of low intensity cardio (basically treadmill with 4% incline at about a 4.0 speed)

It sounds like a lot and a pain, but I've got it down and it makes a difference...I'm in the water at the pool, getting a nice tan, muscles full (from yesterday's wrkout) and my body recuperated from sweating out the poisons from the night before.

Forgive me - I know I'm over my 25 word answer limit.

Disclaimer: none of this matters much if you've let your body go prior to Vegas...drink and be merry!

Comment

i drink half a bottle of vodka, then I believe I have a 6 pack

Comment

Originally posted by kman90 View Post

Ha...I thought you were going to tell me about some carbless alcohol. Now that would be a goldmine!

After a night of partying and drinking I always hit the gym at about 8am to do 45 minutes of low intensity cardio (basically treadmill with 4% incline at about a 4.0 speed)
              That is rough. I guess maybe I could squeeze this in after I leave Drai's.

I've definitely been cutting for the trip, my pre-pool workout will consist mostly of hitting bi's, tri's, shoulders, and traps.

I'm thinking my Vegas workout will consist of the following:

Curls
              Hammer Curls
              Dips
              Cable Pushdowns
              Military Press
              Shrugs
              Dumbell side extensions

About 2 sets of each with failure between 20-30 reps. We'll see. I might just skip the gym, eat a bunch of fries, and convince my self that I'll just swell up by retaining water instead.

I think TI has free gym access though which hopefully will make the decision to get my butt into the gym a little easier. Better than paying $30 for a quick 30 min workout.

Comment

45 minutes of pelvic thrusting and body clinging the evening before and morning of.
                I still remain "the best kept secret"
                mAyOD Invasion 2011
                http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1245106133
                http://twitter.com/cm4short
                http://www.jetsetter.com/invite/132252596aff2yyjncl4

Comment

Originally posted by cm4short View Post
                  45 minutes of pelvic thrusting and body clinging the evening before and morning of.
                  Pelvic thrusting for 45 mins? Your going about it all wrong , slow deep grind for 10 mins is a very effective workout
                  Appreciate Vegas
                  Next Trip 4/26!

Comment

you really don't need a gym to get the pump you need for the pool, but if you have one, I prefer the gym.

anyways, here's what I do...keep in mind that I'm a fool with planning, so the same goes for my "in vegas" workout.

Since I'm doing pool parties Friday, Saturday, Sunday, that means an upper body workout-shoulders, chest, tri's, traps, heavy and high volume only to flush the muscles with blood....no personal records need be attempted (you never wanna be the ass that pulled a muscle doing squats in Vegas ) and no lower body workouts needed since we're wearing board shorts during the day.

The workouts are done in the early evening, prior to dinner and pre-party and going out....no more than 45 mintues....all you're doing is getting a full pump.

The next day, your muscles are full and pumped...and all that's needed an hour before you head to the pool are a few sets of pushups, and tricep dips using 2 of your hotel room chairs.

It sounds like a lot and a pain, but I've got it down and it makes a difference...I'm in the water at the pool, getting a nice tan, muscles full (from yesterday's wrkout) and my body recuperated from sweating out the poisons from the night before.

Forgive me - I know I'm over my 25 word answer limit.

Disclaimer: none of this matters much if you've let your body go prior to Vegas...drink and be merry!
                    Mirin that work ethic!

Ha...I thought you were going to tell me about some carbless alcohol. Now that would be a goldmine!
                    Vodka soda all day
                    1/3 of [TEAM VIP]

DROP IT

21st in VEGAS Aug '10
                    AOD Elite Assassins Trip 7/29-8/1
                    hAlloweenOD 10/28-11/1

Comment

Originally posted by IRockNvegas View Post
                      Originally posted by cm4short View Post
                      Pelvic thrusting for 45 mins? Your going about it all wrong , slow deep grind for 10 mins is a very effective workout
                      The.thrusting is only for 10 minutes. The remaining time is spent clinging. I like to cuddle.
                      I still remain "the best kept secret"
                      mAyOD Invasion 2011
                      http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1245106133
                      http://twitter.com/cm4short
                      http://www.jetsetter.com/invite/132252596aff2yyjncl4

Comment

Here's a pre-pool workout some may benefit from:

Comment

Originally posted by gubuju View Post
                          i drink half a bottle of vodka, then I believe I have a 6 pack
                          +1

though my bf will prob hit the gym in the am, I plan to be at the pool hitting the bar! If I'm not in good enough shape before hand might as well drink til I don't care
                          noob

Previous trips
                          Feb 2007
                          Oct 2010
                          Next trip Aug 10-17 2012

Is it August yet?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by JPM368 View Post

Distilled spirits (vodka, rum, whiskey, etc.) have nothing left but the alcohol, so they are zero carb. Crown and diet for me.
                            MAYod - May 16-22
                            EDC - June 7-12
                            July 13-16
                            August 22-27
                            Sept 21-23
                            Halloween Oct 29 - Nov 1

Comment

First a couple of breakfast shots. Then some scrambled eggs. Then a light workout with light weights and lots of reps.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X