Bachelor party-MDW or no? - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Bachelor party-MDW or no?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bachelor party-MDW or no?

I'm planning a bachelor party for around MDW 2012. Since I saw a lot of people on JC go this past holiday, I was wondering if it would be recommended to go that weekend or the weekend before.

Probably end up with 10-14 guys. I know the bottles/tables go up that weekend, I just don't know how much. I'm under the impression that prices skyrocket and a huge pack of dudes will be tougher to get into a nice club like XS or Marquee. I don't know what kind of money everybody is working with yet, but is the price difference high enough that we should just go the week before? It's all about things going smoothly.

And I will definitely be using a host, just looking for people's opinions and experiences for that particular weekend. Thanks!

Definitely go the weekend before or after. Everything on MDW is ridiculously expensive and as it gets closer, the prices get even crazier for clubs.

Every club will sell out and you can barely get into the parties by just walking up. Almost everything is headlined by a top-20 DJ and they sell tickets to standard events. It's definitely a lot of fun, but it will cost everybody 2-3x what you would pay the weekend before or after.
    Vegas Trips to-date:
    November 12-13, 2008 - Palms Standard
    March 18-22, 2009 - MGM Grand Bungalow Suite
    April 22-26, 2010 - MGM Grand Bungalow Suite
    June 2-6, 2011 - Venetian Bella Suite
    June 21-26, 2012 - Cosmopolitan Wraparound Terrace Suite

"Gambling - the sure way of getting nothing for something."

Comment

Thanks Brett. That's what I thought. Everybody will be traveling a month later for the wedding so I'm trying to be as easy on everybody's wallet as possible.

Comment

Id go the weekend before http://forums.jackcolton.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18
        Blackout Artist
        [email protected]

Comment

Is mAyOD always the week before MDW? If so, that's a lock!

Comment

So far, it's always been the weekend before Memorial Day. I had thought it was already locked in for May 17-21 2012, but I can't find that post anywhere. It's a definite go if you want to do Vegas big. 2011 was something like 5 pool parties and 5 clubs in 5 days. Might have actually turned out to be more in the end. There was a group of us who ended up doing 4 clubs in just one night...

Keep your eyes on the forums. The first release of wristbands for the 2012 event will be September 1, if my memory is correct.
            Oh, P-tr-ck, I STILL need to borrow your German Leg Breaking Machine....Thx.

Comment

It is 5/17-5/20 2012 which IS the weekend before MDW.
              Blackout Artist
              [email protected]

Comment

unless you dont mind spending 6-10k a DAY.. for a good party.. go before or after...
                Mikey T
                Vegas legend
                Former Doorman of PURE, LAX, Surrender, EBC

New position in Las Vegas PENDING

Socal Networks!
                Facebook.com/MikeyTantalo

Twitter.com/MikeyTantalo

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyTantalo View Post
                  unless you dont mind spending 6-10k a DAY.. for a good party.. go before or after...
                  If I had it to spend I wouldn't mind...but on that budget I would only be able to party for like 2 hrs a day before I'd end up at Binions.

It's info like this that makes me glad I lurk around JC every day, thanks everybody...see ya in May!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X