Help plan my may trip? - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Help plan my may trip?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GreenT
    started a topic Help plan my may trip?

    Help plan my may trip?

    Going to Vegas in May for my second trip with two other girls. The last time I went we ended up at the smaller clubs. Had fun but hoping to go all out this time. Help me plan my line up?

    Thursday
    Night - Tao? Or maybe try one of the new clubs?

    Friday
    Day - Ditch Friday?
    Night - Moon/Rain

    Saturday
    Day - ...?
    Night - XS, for sure

    Sunday
    Day - Wet Republic?
    Night - Marquee?

    Suggestions appreciated

  • not a vet but no rookie
    replied
    Originally posted by olskoolblue View Post
    Originally posted by not a vet but no rookie View Post
    Originally posted by olskoolblue View Post
    i was last there this time last year. it's been our saturday spot for the last couple of years. compared to other places we get a good amount of hip hop there.
    Try Marquee (BoomBox room) or Tao (OPM room). I think Pure has fallen out of favor with a lot of people
    The plan is tao on Thursday and marquee on Friday. What's wrong with pure these days? We've always had a good time there. We're trying not to double up on anything.
    My bad, I definitely didn't look at your schedule again when I made those suggestions. I would say XS but you want a good amount of hip hop. Haze plays hip hop but I've never been. LAX does too but I don't know how it is on Saturdays.

    I don't want to bash Pure because that actually used to be our #1 spot, I just haven't been in a few years and it seems to have been replaced by Marquee, XS, Tao, etc as a top tier choice. Not informed enough about how it is now to discourage you from going to Pure especially since you have had fun there recently.

    I'm with you on the hip hop thing, if XS wasn't such a ridiculous venue the music would keep me away

    Leave a comment:


  • nel167
    replied
    Originally posted by VegasCherry View Post
    My understanding is that Bank is the spot on Sun nights...?
    The Bank, Vanity or XS on a Sun night are top notch. Been to Bank and Vanity on a Sun and it was great.

    Leave a comment:


  • GreenT
    replied
    Originally posted by not a vet but no rookie View Post
    Originally posted by olskoolblue View Post
    i was last there this time last year. it's been our saturday spot for the last couple of years. compared to other places we get a good amount of hip hop there.
    Try Marquee (BoomBox room) or Tao (OPM room). I think Pure has fallen out of favor with a lot of people
    Had a good time at Pure in January, but had the feeling it had seen its glory days come and go.

    Leave a comment:


  • olskoolblue
    replied
    Originally posted by not a vet but no rookie View Post
    Originally posted by olskoolblue View Post
    i was last there this time last year. it's been our saturday spot for the last couple of years. compared to other places we get a good amount of hip hop there.
    Try Marquee (BoomBox room) or Tao (OPM room). I think Pure has fallen out of favor with a lot of people
    The plan is tao on Thursday and marquee on Friday. What's wrong with pure these days? We've always had a good time there. We're trying not to double up on anything.

    Leave a comment:


  • not a vet but no rookie
    replied
    Originally posted by olskoolblue View Post
    i was last there this time last year. it's been our saturday spot for the last couple of years. compared to other places we get a good amount of hip hop there.
    Try Marquee (BoomBox room) or Tao (OPM room). I think Pure has fallen out of favor with a lot of people

    Leave a comment:


  • olskoolblue
    replied
    i was last there this time last year. it's been our saturday spot for the last couple of years. compared to other places we get a good amount of hip hop there.

    Leave a comment:


  • not a vet but no rookie
    replied
    Originally posted by olskoolblue View Post
    Rather than start a new thread, i'll jump in here for my May trip 5/12-5/16
    Quick rundown of the group: 8 guys who prefer hip hop but have a tolerance for dance, some more than others. Last year at XS on a fri night we definitely weren't feeling the music. based on my research, i've listed what i think will be our itinerary. I prefer the tier 1 clubs for overall experience so i tried to pick our choices on what i've read. Sunday night is iffy but i picked two options which we'd probably consider if people are up for going out. Blush may not be considered tier 1 but a latin night might be worth checking out.

    Also for bottle service, we defintiely will pick 1 night but we might do two. Which would you suggest?

    Thur day- Touch down 11am and get drunk or ??????
    Thur night- Tao (go to thursday spot every year)

    Fri day- Tao beach? (always been the go to but Wet has that top 100 thing)
    Fri night- Marquee DJ Chuckie (has boom box room for hip hop)

    Sat day- Wet Republic (heard sat is better than sunday which is when we went last year)
    Sat night-Pure (go to sat night spot every year)

    Sun day - EBC with Lil jon and Steve Aoki
    Sun night- Bank? Blush Noche Latina?

    Thanks
    When was the last time you went to Pure? It's fallen out of the top tier. Everything else looks good though

    Leave a comment:


  • VegasCherry
    replied
    My understanding is that Bank is the spot on Sun nights...?

    Leave a comment:


  • presto
    replied
    Thur day - Liquid

    Sun night - Lavo

    ?

    Leave a comment:


  • olskoolblue
    replied
    .
    Last edited by olskoolblue; 05-24-2012, 09:10 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • presto
    replied
    Originally posted by VegasCherry View Post
    Originally posted by phillyjare View Post
    Originally posted by VegasCherry View Post
    Edit: Forgot to ask. Who are the hosts that post here?
    Are you just asking for the hosts to identify themselves (me!) or are you asking a more "what do you do/what are you offering me" type of question?
    Ha, I was wondering how to find out who you hosts are but I see now that you post your information in your signatures. I just wanted clarification on lines and cover charges~
    Peep the host apreciation thread. it gots names and #'s of the hosts and the club they handle

    Leave a comment:


  • kc0716
    replied
    Whatever else, XS or Marquee on Saturday for sure. I havn't been to Marquee yet but I've been to XS 23490820492834 times and I can walk around that place blind folded :P

    Even though XS can "feel" played out, it CRACKS and it's FUN everytime. XS also attracts a lot of Asian crowd if you're into that.

    Leave a comment:


  • VegasCherry
    replied
    Originally posted by phillyjare View Post
    Originally posted by VegasCherry View Post
    Edit: Forgot to ask. Who are the hosts that post here?
    Are you just asking for the hosts to identify themselves (me!) or are you asking a more "what do you do/what are you offering me" type of question?
    Ha, I was wondering how to find out who you hosts are but I see now that you post your information in your signatures. I just wanted clarification on lines and cover charges~

    Leave a comment:


  • phillyjare
    replied
    Originally posted by VegasCherry View Post
    Edit: Forgot to ask. Who are the hosts that post here?
    Are you just asking for the hosts to identify themselves (me!) or are you asking a more "what do you do/what are you offering me" type of question?

    Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X