1st time in Vegas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st time in Vegas

Hello, Its me and my friends first time in Vegas. I wanted to know how hard is it to get into one of the clubs over there such as TAO or Pure. I have read all the guides on the website and will definitely follow them but my main concern is that they only let people in on looks and guy to girl ratio, right? There is 3 guys in total and one is a decent looking guy the other two are chubby and fat. We all have nice cloth and genrally not bad looking people (just the weight for the 2). I want to know if we can get into one of those top clubs looking like we are with a reservation and dressed nicely, and also tipping the appropriate people. Keep in mind im not rich cause if i was i would just bribe the shit out of everyone and go in with shorts and flip flops lol. So what do you guys think?? Thanks in advance

(P.S. If you can include any other tips/suggestions to help us get in please do. Thanks!)

If you follow the guide on this site you'll be fine. Contact the specific hosts from this site and negotiate. They've dealt with a plethora of people from all over the world so be direct about how much you are willing to spend, how many people you have, etc.

Most clubs are concerned with maximizing their revenue given the number of patrons that are inside their establishment. The male:female ratio requirement is a tool used to get more guys to want to come in and spend money on overpriced alcohol. Meet some girls and have them come in with you. Promise to buy them a drink or something when you get in. Greasing a doorman with a $20 per person will help, although that usually works when it's not a major holiday or special event. You may have to wait a little bit but you will get in to the club.

One suggestion: Let your self confidence overshadow your concern with looks, especially weight. You're going to be partying with your friends, not competing in a fitness contest.
    "We're not on that list...paying extra money so other people can't sit next to you? That's not livng the high life!!! Where I come from we all party together..."
    -Windell Middlebrooks

Comment

Thanks a lot man, I was really worried about that but it makes sense how you explained it. Again thanks and I think me and my friends will have a great time! lol

Comment

Originally posted by wisepalladin View Post
        If you follow the guide on this site you'll be fine. Contact the specific hosts from this site and negotiate. They've dealt with a plethora of people from all over the world so be direct about how much you are willing to spend, how many people you have, etc.

Most clubs are concerned with maximizing their revenue given the number of patrons that are inside their establishment. The male:female ratio requirement is a tool used to get more guys to want to come in and spend money on overpriced alcohol. Meet some girls and have them come in with you. Promise to buy them a drink or something when you get in. Greasing a doorman with a $20 per person will help, although that usually works when it's not a major holiday or special event. You may have to wait a little bit but you will get in to the club.

One suggestion: Let your self confidence overshadow your concern with looks, especially weight. You're going to be partying with your friends, not competing in a fitness contest.
        +1

I really think the "hard to get in" is a bit over hyped. If you're doing general admission show up early. If you're ratio is off try and get people (ladies) to go in with you, and of course dress nicely.
        Originally posted by Godzuki
        I rely on Rohypnol, Ether and my dashing good looks.

Comment

Originally posted by wisepalladin View Post
          I wholeheartedly agree with this comment. I like to go down often and I know I'm not top-shelf. My friends are definitely better looking than I am.

That said, I go down with the mindset I'm going to have a good time and meet people who likewise want to have a good time. Everything else seems to fall into place.

If things don't work out, I just chalk it up to something not to do the next time I'm there.
          FO SHO.
          Originally posted by redbullvodka
          you're not ditching them, they're ditching you by not going.
          Originally posted by kimball
          You want to be at the club where girls want to be... not where guys get good bottle deals.

Comment

1. Eat dinner at TAO and get stamped into club.

2. Flip everyone off in your XXL shirts as you walk past them.

3. ???

4 PROFIT!!1!
            <3 Live, Laugh, Love <3

Comment

lol.. you will be fine my man... no worries.. any club is accessable.. remember this
              Mikey T
              Vegas legend
              Former Doorman of PURE, LAX, Surrender, EBC

New position in Las Vegas PENDING

Socal Networks!
              Facebook.com/MikeyTantalo

Twitter.com/MikeyTantalo

Comment

+1 on the Dinner thing at Tao. If you go to dinner at Tao and have a full dinner with drinks (should cost you about $60-70 a head), they will stamp your hand to get into the club afterwards.

My advice would be to call a couple weeks in advance of when you're going and try to get aa 9pm table for dinner. Then you get stamped and go right upstairs, past the line, without paying cover.
                Vegas Trips to-date:
                November 12-13, 2008 - Palms Standard
                March 18-22, 2009 - MGM Grand Bungalow Suite
                April 22-26, 2010 - MGM Grand Bungalow Suite
                June 2-6, 2011 - Venetian Bella Suite
                June 21-26, 2012 - Cosmopolitan Wraparound Terrace Suite

"Gambling - the sure way of getting nothing for something."

Comment

How much is a dinner at Tao?

Comment

Originally posted by FlyMack View Post
                    How much is a dinner at Tao?
                    Originally posted by Brett Stevens View Post
                    (should cost you about $60-70 a head)
                    Trips to Vegas
                    2009 May 14th - 18th
                    2010 June 30th - July 3rd
                    2011 May 17th - 25th
                    Next... ? 2012? 2013? 2014?

Comment

So, dinner at Tao will get in the nightclub to wait, correct?

Comment

Wow thanks a lot guys, im especially going to try the dinner a TAO lol and confidence will be there. Again thanks!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ryan850
                          Reply to TAO Beach rules etc
                          ryan850
                          good to know. I haven't been to lv in a minute and seems like things have gotten more tight in terms of what you can bring in.

btw, anyone...
                          Yesterday, 03:10 PM
                        • ryan850
                          EBC Friday 4/26 Table Split / Gaming section / $250/ea
                          ryan850
                          Have a group of about 5 that is cost conscious but would like to do a table at Encore as they have never been before. Looking to do the gaming section....
                          Yesterday, 03:06 PM
                        • SpykeYs
                          Reply to EBC - David Guetta - 4/27
                          SpykeYs
                          6 males on a lilypad? This is going to look like a sausage fest... always go 50% capacity male and leave plenty of room for females.

1.2K...
                          04-14-2024, 08:29 AM
                        Working...
                        X