Cell Phone- Apple or Android? - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Cell Phone- Apple or Android?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bbatt
    started a topic Cell Phone- Apple or Android?

    Cell Phone- Apple or Android?

    I had an iPhone for years and I just switched over to a Google Nexus One with Android.

    Definitely a bigger fan of Android. Apps are slightly better for iphones but I think Android OS is much slicker.

    Which do you guys prefer?

  • Bralo20
    replied
    Originally posted by IRockNvegas View Post
    ...after extremely weak launch

    From MacDailyNews,com:

    "The price of the Research In Motion BlackBerry Torch has been cut in half - to $99.99 - on Amazon.com and some other sites, less than a week after the new phone went on sale at $199.99," Eric Savitz reports for Barron's.

    "Early reports from the Street suggest sales of the new phone have been tepid at best," Savitz reports.

    Buh-bye, RIM. The world long ago passed you by. If you're one of the three people attempting to read this on a RIM Torch's shitastic 480x360 screen, here, let us help you out:

    Get an iPhone!

    Sheesh.
    Damn, a 3G Blackberry for 99 USD? That's cheap, I've just ordered some 9700 Bold's for 499 EUR / a piece... To bad that the Torch isn't for sale here

    Anyway, I still love my 9700 and it seems that my co-workers also are getting the Blackberry taste, I've replaced several HTC's (Windows Mobile & Android) and other Android operated phones the past weeks by Blackberry's...

    Long live Blackberry

    Leave a comment:


  • Ragz
    replied
    I like both I like the Iphone b/c you can find damn near any app but I just got the Samsung Vibrant which is the same phone as the captivate dunno why in the hell each carrier has to name it differently. Makes me wonder if Verizon ever gets the Iphone will they change it's name to the "V-phone" or "J-phone?"

    Neway i'm sticking with android for now mainly due to me loving t-mobiles price and customer service.

    Leave a comment:


  • blibblab
    replied
    Originally posted by vansteffo View Post
    For anyone interested, here is a FREE (shipping around $2) invisible shield like product for your phone. Not sure how long it will last:

    http://www.stealthguards.com/index.php/
    Before bothering with those things [which are almost all annoying to put on and start to peel a couple months after application], check to see if your phone's display is from Corning's Gorilla Glass. If so, don't put anything on it as it's scratch proof and damn near impossible to shatter [I know the Droid utilizes it and trust me, I've put it through the test to know it's durable].

    Leave a comment:


  • vansteffo
    replied
    For anyone interested, here is a FREE (shipping around $2) invisible shield like product for your phone. Not sure how long it will last:

    http://www.stealthguards.com/index.php/

    Leave a comment:


  • Cisco419
    replied
    Lets see if this works:

    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8V7M1VR8Tk[/ame]


    You have to change it to 720p. This was recorded on my Captivate

    Leave a comment:


  • Cisco419
    replied
    Here's a picture I took of my bro at the Charger game:



    Let me see if I can upload a video clip

    Leave a comment:


  • IRockNvegas
    replied
    If you own anything other then a IPhone, by choice.

    Sorry I will look down on you.

    In fact I do not accept calls or messages from anything other then a iPhone. If you were issued a blackberry by your employer then you are a employee of low importance and should consider leaving.

    Last edited by IRockNvegas; 08-17-2010, 05:41 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • IRockNvegas
    replied
    ...after extremely weak launch

    From MacDailyNews,com:

    "The price of the Research In Motion BlackBerry Torch has been cut in half - to $99.99 - on Amazon.com and some other sites, less than a week after the new phone went on sale at $199.99," Eric Savitz reports for Barron's.

    "Early reports from the Street suggest sales of the new phone have been tepid at best," Savitz reports.

    Buh-bye, RIM. The world long ago passed you by. If you're one of the three people attempting to read this on a RIM Torch's shitastic 480x360 screen, here, let us help you out:

    Get an iPhone!

    Sheesh.

    Leave a comment:


  • KC2Vegas
    replied
    Ive been told porn on the iphone 4 looks amazing. BTW so do the wet republic vids on youtube.

    Leave a comment:


  • NyceGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Cisco419 View Post
    Originally posted by Jungian View Post
    They're all good. It's a matter of personal preference, really. For me, iPhone4 can't be beat because that screen is just beautiful. It's snappy, smooth. I don't think either store really has an advantage: pretty much anything worth anything is in both. Apple might have an advantage on games with good graphics, but I don't really play games on my phone; I'm always either rocking out or reading.
    The screen on my Samsun Captivate is fukin amazing! Everyone who's seen it has been blown away by how great the screen is. I'll post up some pics I've taken on it too a bit later cause it takes awesome pics too!
    Technically speaking, the iPhone 4 has a better screen:

    Samsung Captivate = 480 x 800

    iPhone 4 = 960 x 640

    Leave a comment:


  • vansteffo
    replied
    I agree with Cisco, I have the same phone, world version, and everyone says the same about my screen when they see it. Takes great HD video too!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • westbaden
    replied
    Blackberry - no issues. I don't spend $$$ on apps, which I think wastes time.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cisco419
    replied
    Originally posted by Jungian View Post
    They're all good. It's a matter of personal preference, really. For me, iPhone4 can't be beat because that screen is just beautiful. It's snappy, smooth. I don't think either store really has an advantage: pretty much anything worth anything is in both. Apple might have an advantage on games with good graphics, but I don't really play games on my phone; I'm always either rocking out or reading.
    The screen on my Samsun Captivate is fukin amazing! Everyone who's seen it has been blown away by how great the screen is. I'll post up some pics I've taken on it too a bit later cause it takes awesome pics too!

    Leave a comment:


  • Jungian
    replied
    They're all good. It's a matter of personal preference, really. For me, iPhone4 can't be beat because that screen is just beautiful. It's snappy, smooth. I don't think either store really has an advantage: pretty much anything worth anything is in both. Apple might have an advantage on games with good graphics, but I don't really play games on my phone; I'm always either rocking out or reading.

    Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X