Day 1- flights, video walls and people not listening to me
The morning started at 3am. Time to get up showered and moving. 4am three of us meet up in work fuel up the car and garb random snacks for the car and head out to and pick up the fourth. Then the 6 hour drive to SFO beings.
After a bit of a drive around trying to get to long term parking we finally get to check in and head for lunch, G, L and I all decide to start the trip off right with a Crown and Coke with a beer chaser. The flights all go smooth, a fairly quickly since we can watch ESPN the whole flight – I like virgin America.
We land in las grab our baggage and head for a taxi, which for the first time this year in my visits we actually have to queue for. About 15minutes later we are headed to the palms.
We got to check in and all of us get except G get bumped over to the fantasy tower. G gets a palms tower room and it wont be ready for a while. So we decide to throw our stuff into the rooms and hit up MNF in the center bar. Service by the bar staff was terrible, one of her friends was in and all she was doing was talking with her, even good tips didn’t speed of the drinks. In the end G gets his room we all head back upstairs to get changed for the nights activies.
About 30 minutes later I am back in the center bar with J have another couple when G and L arrive down. G heads over to the concierge to try to get tickets to peepshow that night and I head off to play some $5 which all eat my money.
I have a $50 gc for Hawaiian tropic so we figure heading there will probably be best to watch the raider game. We get in and the over the space of the night (well 1 ½ hours) we get about 6 rounds in and dinner. During this time the L gets to talk to the manager who he vaguely knows and mentions he know someone (me) that could fix there video wall issue that they are having during MNF. So I head off spend about 7 minutes fixing the video and they are good to go. Our bill comes out $170, which isn’t bad the original amount was $460 and the manager knock the rest off since we fixed up the screen.
At 8.30 we head off to Peepshow inside we have great seats straight in front of the stage, a plus point is that they do bottle service here (well they bring you a bottle and mix your first drink) so that gets to more Crown and Coke.
Once the show is over we are heading down the stairs and someone gives us money off bands for Prive. Talking with everyone I am like lets not waist our time L isn’t getting in with track shoes (at least they were black) and a Raider Polo, everyone else was nah we can do if they give us these bands, they wouldn’t have given them to us if not. So off to Prive we go and guess what no we are not getting in. At least they were good enough to very quickly come out and point that out. The rest of the crew is bent out of shape with this and try to complain, but about 10 minutes later we are in cab back to the palms. L got to get changed and we head for ghostbar, which is really quiet. We have a couple there and then head for playboy and have a few more, some where in this typing on my phone ceased to be ok. Turns out I started do shots at Palms bars, I am thankful my room was close, no wheelchair or escorts just very quickly time to go to bed.
So more to come…
Audrieu's Trip Report 14th-17 Sept
Collapse
X
-
Audrieu's Trip Report 14th-17 Sept
Tags: None
-
Guest repliedYea, they usually flight out of smaller towns and non major airports. Its worth it if you are close to those towns and want to save some $.. Its hard to imagine anything cheaper then Southwes.. but they are.Originally posted by NoCo81 View PostYea, out of Springs this time but they also fly right out of Loveland which is where I'm from. But have to drive south to drop the kiddos off so a whole lot easier to use Springs.
-
Yea, out of Springs this time but they also fly right out of Loveland which is where I'm from. But have to drive south to drop the kiddos off so a whole lot easier to use Springs.Originally posted by royale View PostThey don't have a lot of flights, but when you find them they are a great deal. Are you flying out of colorado springs?
Leave a comment:
-
Great Pics and TR, looking forward to more. Man good tipping really does go a long way.
Leave a comment:
-

That bunny photo G just had to have

Protecting myself from headbutts

a very very drunk me towards the end of the night!
Leave a comment:
-

G and server at Moon (start of the night)

Buffet line in the middle of moon

Me G and L
Leave a comment:
-
Day 2 – Free drinks, Punking and did I say free drink
My god damm alarm goes off at 7am. My wife phones at 7.30am. 8am arrives and I realize that I gotta get down to the conference. I get out of bed, shower, wash get dress and head down. Now I do got to say one of the benefits of going to a conference with work is unlike a lot of trips you do eat three square meals a day. So I meet up with the other three have breakfast and head into the sessions. The rest of the day isn’t much to talk except the few breaks to message the forums.
Fast forward to 3.45pm, we finish our last session and I am off, mad dash to the room change and to the pool. By 4.05pm the first beer is down the second is on order and I message the forums “At the palms pool, the heineken is going down easy. Got a cocktail party 7 to 10 tonight with an open bar... I smell another messy night!” G and L appear at the pool we hang out at the bar for a while before going to swim. There is some sort of model photo shoot going on at the end of the day so we head over to have a look. It Is then back to the rooms to shower and change before the party.
In order to maximize drinking time at the free bar, G,L,J and I all meet up at 6.55pm five minutes before it opens. We are in the first elevator of people to moon, as we get in there are two servers with trays of wine, but we resist, tonight is a spirits night. We head out to the main dance floor and snag a table and get a round of drink in.
The food at the event is great, the one problem being it filling up that essential drinking room. Being a bit tired I start drinking SoCo and Redbull in the hope that I will wake up. Now we are averaging about one drink every 20 minutes and only have 3 hours worth of open bar (barring the extra drinks we are getting at the bar while waiting on Server). So in a collective moment of genius we throw down a very healthy tip for the server (which I don’t think she is getting too many of cos it is a open bar). Our drinks ratio goes up to 2 drinks every 15minutes, both drinks being much much stronger than before. I think this is where the major damage is done. The reason I think this is at 8.30pm ish I post “Help!!!! the drinkies just keep magically appearing in front of me.
They look so lonely they must join their friends in my belly....” to the forums and then “Jc.com I love you all.... (well except those of you who say"pm me for more info") Role on may 2010..... I gotta get this wasted with all of you!” an hour later…… I am saying nothing, except maybe I shouldn’t be allowed to msg the forums drunk.
10pm roles around and we get kicked out of our table, the open bar shuts and moon opens to the public, but we have stockpile of 3 drinks each so the world is good. Then one of the team drops, J calls it a night at 10.10pm…. This is a terrible thing, he still has three drinks. So being the good friend that I am, I fall on that grenade and down those drinks and move back to my own drinks. About 10.30pm we meet up with a couple of friends T &K that live in LV and head down to the playboy and head over to the bar at the windows.
So here I spot the Bunny that was our Server when Leia and I were here for my birthday, which leia took a very blurry photo of with me, so off I got to get a replacement photo. This turns out to the point that I realize G is beyond the point of no return, since he like “That’s not fair why do you get to get photos with bunnies” at this point I break the very bad news to him that you only gotta ask. So one photo later (which become very important the next day) we head back to the bar. Now I will point I have opened a bar tab for myself, I have no idea how the others are paying. We take some more photos and suddenly I see G drop to his hunches and dry heave into his shirt. We grab a bucket from the server station and G makes an attempt to fill it. So after about 10minutes he is off with security escort to his room leaving me to sort out his $130 bar tab. About 10 minutes later L bugs out on me. Now this were things gets hazy I know I was dancing in Moon, have a few more drinks with T and K then call it a night at a random point.
Photos Coming up --- and day 3
Leave a comment:
-
Guest repliedThey don't have a lot of flights, but when you find them they are a great deal. Are you flying out of colorado springs?Originally posted by NoCo81 View PostAllegiant also does buy one get one free from time to time. That's who I booked my flight with for Nov.
Leave a comment:
-
Actully... my aim currently to complete each trip report before I hit vegas again..... After november, that wont be to may so you you might be weighting for the trip report for a while (j/k).
Leave a comment:
-
But hey if you do that it will set a precedent for us all, and we will be able to write a trip report over the space of a year!
Leave a comment:
Latest Topics
Collapse
There are no results that meet this criteria.

Leave a comment: